Alex Trebek, born on July 22, 1940 is a Canadian-American television personality, actor and game show host. Alex has been the host of the syndicated game show called Jeopardy! since it was revived in 1984, and has hosted number of other game shows, such as Double Dare, The Wizard of Odds, High Rollers, Classic Concentration, Battlestars and To Tell the Truth. Alex is contracted to host Jeopardy! until 2022. On March 6, 2019, Alex announced that he had been diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer. Alex has made appearances in various television series, portraying himself.
Alex Trebek Family/Parents
Born in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada, his father’s name was George Edward Trebek who was a Chef and his mother’s name is Lucille Lagacé. He has a sister named Barbara Trebek.
Alex Trebek Affairs/Girlfriend/Spouse/Wife
He has dated:
Elaine Callei (1974-1981) (divorced)
He is married to Jean Currivan who is real estate project manager. They got marirend in 1990.They have two children named Emily Trebek and Matthew Trebek.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: George Alexander Trebek
- Nickname: Alex
- Birthday: July 22, 1940
- Age: 78 years old
- Gender: Male
- Birthplace: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: University of Ottawa
- Profession: Television personality, actor and game show host
- Nationality: Canadina-American
- Ethnicity/Race: White (Ukrainian descent from father and Canadian- French- and some amount of the British Irish /Isles ancestry from mother.)
- Religion: Unknown
- Hair Color: White
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Zodiac: Cancer
- Spouse/Wife: Jean Currivan
- Net Worth: 3 Million
- Height: 5 feet 8 inch (173 cm)
- Weight: 68 kg (150 lbs)
Trivia and Facts, you may not know about Alex Trebek
- He used to work as a garbage man in Cincinnati, United States, later he returned to his country Canada to complete his studies in 1961.
- His dream was to be a news anchor and was a member of his college English Debating Society.
- While he was a college student, he wanted to make a career in broadcast news as well as in event before the completion of his degree; Alex began working with CBC in 1961.
- In 1963, Alex got his first hosting job on Music Hop, which is a Canadian music program.
- He started hosting the revival of Jeopardy in 1984. On 2017, his contract with the show was renewed till 2020.
- Aex became a naturalized citizen of the United States in 1998.
- Alex is a fluent in English and French as well. He can also speak some Spanish, German, Italian and Russian.
- In 2014, Alex was honored by the Guinness World Record as the person who has hosted the most game show episodes for the same program.