Alison Maria Krauss, born on July 23, 1971 is an American bluegrass-country singer as well as a musician. She started her music career at a very young age, winning local contests by the age of ten and recording for the first time at age of 14. She is signed with Rounder Records in 1985 and released her first album in 1987. She was invited to join the band; she still performs with Union Station (AKUS) and Alison Krauss and later they released their first album in 1989.
Alison Krauss Family/Parents
Born in Decatur, Illinois, United States, her father’s name is Fred Krauss who is a German language teacher and her mother’s name is Louise Krauss. She has an elder brother named Viktor Krauss who is also a musician.
Alison Krauss Affairs/Boyfriend/Spouse/Husband
She has dated:
Pat Bergeson (1996-2001) (divorced) They have a son named Sam.
John Waite (2010) (rumored)
View this post on Instagram
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Alison Maria Krauss
- Nickname: Alison
- Birthday: July 23, 1971
- Age: 47 years old
- Gender: Female
- Birthplace: Decatur, Illinois, United States
- Current Residence: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
- Education: Champaign Central High School
- Profession: Musician, Singer, Bandleader, Producer
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White (German ancestry from father and Italian, German and Swiss-German descent from mother)
- Religion: Unknown
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Eye Color: Green
- Zodiac: Leo
- Boyfriend: She is probably single
- Net Worth: 16 Million USD
- Height: 5 feet 7 inch (170 cm)
- Weight: 57 kg (125.5 lbs)
View this post on Instagram
Trivia and Facts, you may not know about Alison Krauss
- Alison has revealed in her interviews that she took an interest in the music because of her mother who wanted her to get involved in music, arts and sports.
- At the age of 5, Alison started her classical violin training. But she later switched to bluegrass.
- Alison started competing in local talent contests by the age of eight and she used to win most of the talent events.
- By the age of 10, Alison had formed her own music band.
- Alison won the Walnut Valley Festival Fiddle Championshipat the age of 13 and was declared the Most Promising Fiddler in the Midwest by the Society for the Preservation of Bluegrass in America.
- In 1985, she signed a contract with Rounder Records.
- At the age of 16, Alison released her first album in 1987.
- The Berklee College of Music awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Music to Alison in May 2012.
- In 2002, Alison was placed in the twelfth spot by Country Music Television in the list featuring 40 Greatest Women of Country Music.
- When she won her first Grammy Award in 1990, Alison became the second youngest musician to have won the prestigious award.
- In 2007, Alison collaborated with Robert Plant for the music album, Raising Sand. The album was an immense hit and was certified platinum by RIAA. The album won 5 Grammy Awards.
- Visit Alison’s official website @ alisonkrauss.com.
- For more information about Alison, follow her on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.