Anderson Cooper born on June 03, 1967 is an American journalist, author and television star who is best for his work as the anchor for CNN’s nightly news show called Anderson Cooper 360° and for being the correspondent for CBS News program 60 Minutes.
Anderson Cooper Family/Parents
Born in Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States, his father’s name is Wyatt Emory Cooper who is a writer and his mother’s name is Gloria Vanderbilt who is an artist and actress. He has a brother named Carter Vanderbilt Cooper who died on July 22, 1988.
Anderson Cooper Affairs/Girlfriend/Spouse/Wife
He has dated:
Cesar Recio (2004-2009)
Benjamin Maisani (2009-2018)
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Anderson Hays Cooper
- Nickname: Andy
- Birthday: June 03, 1967
- Age: 52 years old
- Gender: Male
- Birthplace: Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
- Current Residence: Rye House mansion in Litchfield, Connecticut, United States
- Education: Dalton School, Yale University, Trumbull College
- Profession: Journalist, author, television star
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Multiracial (White and Hispanic)
- Religion: Christianity
- Hair Color: Grey
- Eye Color: Blue
- Zodiac: Gemini
- Girlfriend: He is probably single.
- Net Worth: 12 Million USD
- Height: 5 feet 10 inch (178 cm)
- Weight: 70 kg (154.5 lbs.)
Trivia and Facts, you may not know about Anderson Cooper
- Anderson is the son of Gloria Vanderbilt who is known for being the geat-great-granddaughter of the railroad and steamship mogul of 19th Century, Commodore Cornelius Vanderbilt, who herself again built a multimillion fashion empire.
- His elder brother committed suicide in 1988.
- His father, Wyatt Emory Cooper passed away at the age of 50, which affected Anderson so much that he changed from being outgoing to a very introverted person.
- In the mid-1990s, Anderson got a reporter’s job at ABC News. In 1999, he got the co-anchor position in ABC news.
- In May 2006, he released a book titled Dispatches from the Edge: A Memoir of War, Disasters, and Survival.
- He has won the Emmy Award for three times in 1997, 2006, and 2011.
- In May 2007, Anderson was ranked No. 2 among “The Most Powerful Gay Men and Women in America” by Out magazine.
- Anderson is good friends with actress Kelly Ripa, Benjamin Maisani and talk show host Andy Cohen.
- In 2012, Anderson came out to public as gay.
- For more information about Anderson contact him on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
You might also like to know about beauty queen, model and entrepreneur, Katerina Rozmajzl.