Asa Butterfield, born 1 April 1997 is an English actor who began his acting career at the early age of 9 in the television drama After Thomas (2006) and the comedy film Son of Rambow (2007). Asa became known for playing the character of Bruno in the Holocaust film The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (2008), for which Asa received nominations for the British Independent Film Award as well as for the London Film Critics Circle Award for Young British Performer of the Year at the age of 11. He is also known for playing the role of young Mordred in the BBC TV Series Merlin (2008–2009) and in the fantasy film Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang (2010) ans Norman. In 2019, Asa started playing the role of Otis Milburn in the Netfrlix comedy drama Sex Education.
Asa Butterfield Family/Parents
Born in Islington, London, England, United Kingdom, his father’s name is Sam Butterfield and his mother’s name is Jacqueline Farr. He has an elder brother named Morgan Benjamin Butterfield and a younger sister named Loxie.
Asa Butterfield Affairs/Girlfriend/Spouse/Wife
He has dated:
Ella Purnell (2015)
He is probably single now.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Asa Maxwell Thornton Farr Butterfield
- Nickname: Asa Butterfield
- Birthday: April 01, 1997
- Age: 23 years old
- Gender: Male
- Birthplace: Islington, London, England, United Kingdom
- Current Residence: Coming Soon…
- Education: Stoke Newington School & Sixth Form
- Profession: Actor
- Nationality: English
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Unknown
- Hair Color: Light Brown
- Eye Color: Blue
- Zodiac: Aries
- Girlfriend: He is probably single
- Net Worth: 2 Million USD
- Height: 5 feet 10 inch (178 cm)
- Weight: 66 kg (146 lbs)
Trivia and Facts, you may not know about Asa Butterfield
- He started acting at the early age of 7.
- His older brother named “Morgan Benjamin Butterfield” is a drummer for the English band called “Oats”.
- His first name “Asa” is “Wings” in Portuguese.
- Asa enjoys music and due to his interest in this field, Asa released a mashup of 2 songs “Making Plans For Nigel” by XTC and “Teenage Dirtbag” by Wheatus in 2004.
- In 2012, he helped his father and elder brother in designing a turn-based video game for iPad which was released to the stores on April, 2013. The game is titled “Racing Blind”.
- In 2011, Asa won the Las Vegas Film Critics Society Award in category of “Best Youth in Film”.
- For Ender’s Game, Asa received guidance from real NASA astronauts.
- Besides acting, Asa loves to read and hang out with kitties.
- He has appeared on the cover of the Patrick Skene Catling’s book titled “Better Than Working”.
- For more information about Asa, contact him on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
You might also like to know about Social Media Star, Scotty Sire.