Ben Carson (full name; Benjamin Solomon Carson Sr.) was born on September 18, 1951. He is a politician and an author and used to be a neurosurgeon in the past. Ben serves as the current US Secretary of Housing and Urban Development since 2017, under the Administration of Donald Trump. He had been a candidate for the President of the US in 2016 in the Republican primaries. Ben was the featured speaker for the National Prayer Breakfast in 1997.
Ben Carson Family/Parents
Ben Carson was born in Detroit, Michigan in the United States. He is a child of Robert Solomon Carson, Jr. who lived from 1914 to 1992 and Sonya Carson Copeland, who lived from 1928 to 2017. His father was US Army veteran in the Second World War as well as a Baptist minister who later turned into a Cadillac automobile plant laborer. Ben’s older brother was born in 1949 at the time when his mother was 20 and it had been 7 years since his parents married. The born child was named as Custis. Ben’s parents bought a new single-family home in Deacon Street in the Boynton neighborhood of southwest Detroit in 1950.
Ben Carson Affairs/Wife/Spouse/Girlfriend
Ben Carson’s wife, Lacena Candy Rustin met with him in 1971 when they were students at Yale University. Later, they married in 1975, and started living in Howard Country, Maryland and moved to West Friendship in the same state in 2001 purchasing a 48-acre property. Ben has three sons; Rhoeyce, Benjamin Jr. and Murray along with many grandchildren. Murray was born in Perth, Australia when Ben was a resident there for a while. Lacena became pregnant with twins and suffered from miscarriage in her fifth pregnancy month in 1981. Ben moved with his mother and wife to West Palm Beach, Florida in 2013.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Ben Carson
- Full Name: Benjamin Solomon Carson Sr.
- Nickname: Ben, Weak Ben Carson (named by Donald Trump)
- Birthday: September 18, 1951
- Age: 67 years old
- Gender: Male
- Birthplace: Detroit, Michigan, United States
- Current Residence: Florida, United States
- High School: Southwestern High School
- College: Yale University (joined as a SAT Topper) and University of Michigan Medical School
- Education: B.A. in psychology from Yale University, M.D. from University of Michigan Medical School
- Profession: Politician and Author, as well as former Neurosurgeon
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Adventist (Christian)
- Zodiac: Virgo
- Wife/Girlfriend: Lacena Candy Rustin (married in 1975)
- Children: 3 children with Lacena (Rhoeyce, Benjamin Jr., and Murray)
- Net Worth: Over $29 million
- Height: Not known
- Weight: Not known
Trivia and Facts, you mayn’t know about Ben Carson
- Ben used to work as a neurosurgeon in the past.
- He has written several books during his medical career as well as in the current political career.
- Ben has performed the only successful conjoined twins separation who were joined at the back of the head.
- He also performed the first ever neurosurgical procedure on fetus inside the womb successfully.
- Ben Carson has also performed the totally successful separation of type-2 vertical craniopagus twins for the first time.
- Ben also discovered and developed new methods for the treatment of brain-stem tumors and revitalized hemispherectomy methods to control seizures.
- Ben Carson has obtained more than sixty honorary doctorate degrees as a result of his works in the medical sector.
- CNN and TIME magazine selected him as one of the 20 foremost physicians and scientists of the United States in 2001.
- Ben was awarded with the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2008, which is the highest level of civilian award in the United States.
- Ben was named as one of the 89 living legends on the 200th anniversary of Library of Congress
- He also worked in Perth, Western Australia as a Senior Registrar in neurosurgery at the Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in Nedlands.
- To know more information about Ben Carson, you can contact him on Twitter.
You might also want to know about Politician, David Lidington