Betty White born on January 17, 1922 is an American actress and comedian. Betty was one of the first women to exert control in front and as well as behind the camera and is recognized as the first woman to produce a sitcom titled Life with Elizabeth, which helped her to received the honorary title Mayor of Hollywood in 1955.
Betty White Family/Parents
Born in Oak Park, Illinois, United States, her father’s name is Horace Logan White who is a lighting company executive and her mother’s name is Tess Curtis White who is a homemaker.
Betty White Affairs/Boyfriend/Spouse/Husband
She has dated:
Dick Barker (1945) (divorced)
Lane Allen (1947-1949) (divorced)
Allen Ludden (1963-1981)
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Betty Marion White Ludden
- Nickname: Betty
- Birthday: January 17, 1922
- Age: 98n Years Old
- Gender: Female
- Birthplace: Oak Park, Illinois, United States
- Current Residence: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Education: Mann School Beverly Hills, Beverly Hills High School.
- Profession: Actress, Comedian
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White (English, Danish, some Welsh and Greek ancestry)
- Religion: Christianity
- Hair Color: Gray
- Eye Color: Blue
- Zodiac: Capricorn
- Boyfriend: She is probably single now
- Net Worth: 75 Million USD
- Height: 5 feet 4 inch or 162.5 cm
- Weight: 58 kg (128 lbs.)
Triviaand Facts, you may not know about Betty White
- Her parents used to take her to The Sierra Nevada for family which help her to get interested in the wildlife.
- While growing up, Betty wanted to become a forest ranger but at the time women were not allowed to become rangers.
- In 1939, she got a chance to sing songs along with her classmates on an experimental Los Angeles TV channel.
- Betty got professional modeling and acting job at the Bliss Hayden Little Theatre.
- During World War II, she volunteer for the American Women’s Voluntary Services by helping in the transportation of military supplies through California.
- When the World War II ended in 1945, she started looking for the auditions but was always denied as all the studios claimed that she was unphotogenic. So, she started looking for radio jobs where photos were not required.
- The first job she got were reading commercials and playing small parts. Sometimes, she also did crowd noises and used to earn $5 per show.
- After working so hard, she finally got her own radio show, The Betty White Show.
- In 1949, she was cast as a co-host on daily live television variety show, Hollywood on Television, that ran on KLAC-TV in Los Angeles and KFWB radio.
- Betty is an animal health advocate who works with animal organizations, like the Morris Animal Foundation, Los Angeles Zoo Commission, Actors & Others for Animals and African Wildlife Foundation.
- Betty has received 8 Emmy Awards in various categories, three Screen Actors Guild Awards, three American Comedy Awards and a Grammy Award.
- Betty has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In 2009, Betty received the Screen Actors Guild Life Achievement Award.
- For more information about Betty, contact her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
You might also like to know about singer, songwriter, actor and record produce, Danny Wood.