Billy Idol (born on 30th November 1955) is a famous musician, singer, songwriter, and actor, who achieved his fame in the 1970s emerging from the London punk rock scene as a member of Generation X. He has won the heart of millions of his audiences. After that, he also embarked on a solo career which made his way to international fame and made Idol a lead artist during the MTV-driven “Second British Invasion” in the United States. During his school life, the schoolteacher’s has the description of him as ‘idle’ Regarding his career, Idol began his music career in late 1976 as a guitarist in the punk rock band Chelsea. However, he soon left the group and started his own group later on.
Billy Idol Family/Parents
Billy has parents Bill and John Broad. His father moved to Long Island, New York with the family when he was of 2 years. They returned after 4 years (with a baby sister, Jane) to Dorking. They moved next to the Running Horses Public House in Mickleham, until 1963, when their home was being made in Goring, Sussex.
Billy Idol Affairs/Spouse
Billy has a son named Willem Wolf Broad with Perri Lister and a daughter named Bonnie Blue with Linda Mathis. He is currently in date with Lindsay Cross.
//www.instagram.com/embed.jsView this post on Instagram
Two shows in California this week, then a run of co-headlining dates with @bryanadams See schedule below. ⬇️ Fri, July 19 California Mid State Fair Paso Robles, CA – – – – – – – – Sat, July 20 Ironstone Amphitheatre Murphys, CA – – – – – – – – *All August dates below are co-headlining shows with @bryanadams – – – – – – – – Thu, Aug 1 Gilford, NH Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion – – – – – – – – Sat, Aug 3 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun – – – – – – – – Sun, Aug 4 Wantagh, NY Jones Beach Theater – – – – – – – – Tue, Aug 6 Syracuse, NY St. Joseph’s Health Amphitheater at Lakeview – – – – – – – – Wed, Aug 7 Clarkston, MI DTE Energy Music Theater – – – – – – – – Fri, Aug 9 Darien Center, NY Darien Lake Amphitheater – – – – – – – – Sat, Aug 10 Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center – – – – – – – – Mon, Aug 12 Bristow, VA Jiffy Lube Live – – – – – – – – Ticket info for all show dates at billyidol.net
- Full Name: William Michael Albert Broad
- Nickname: Billy Idol
- Birthday: 30th November 1955
- Age: 63 years old
- Birthplace: Stanmore, Middlesex, England
- Current Residence: England
- Education: Sussex University
- Profession: Musician, Songwriter, Actor, Singer
- Nationality: English
- Ethnicity: Irish
- Affairs/Spouse: Perri Lister, Linda Mathis, Lindsay Cross
- Son: Willem Wolf
- Daughter: Bonnie Blue
- Net Worth: $35 Million(approx.)
- Height: 1.75m(approx.)
- Weight: 69 Kg
Trivia/ Facts that you probably may not about Billy Idol
- His real name is William Michael Albert Broad.
- He first achieved fame in the 1970s as a member of the punk rock band Generation X.
- The name “Billy Idol” was emerged when his teacher made the description of him as “Idle”.
- Billy Idol attended Worthing High School for Boys in Worthing, West Sussex.
- He then went on to join the Bromley Contingent of Sex Pistols fans, a loose gang that traveled into town when the band played.
- In 1976, Billy Idol joined Chelsea as a guitarist.
- Idol became an MTV staple with “White Wedding” and “Dancing with Myself” as the part of the MTV-driven “Second British Invasion”.
- For more information about Billy contact him on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.