Boy George born on 14 June 1961 is an English songwriter, fashion designer, singer, DJ, and photographer. George is the lead singer of the Brit Award and Grammy -winning pop band called Culture Club. The band most popular songs are “Time (Clock of the Heart)”, “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me”, and “Karma Chameleon”. He is known for his androgynous appearance and soulful voice.
Boy George Parents/Family/Siblings
His father name is Gerald O’Dowd, owner of a decorating and building firm and his mother name is Dinah O’ Dowd. He has four brother named Richard, Kevin O’Dowd, David O’Dowd and Gerald O’Dowd and one sister named Siobhan.
Boy George Affairs/Girlfriend.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: George Alan O’Dowd
- Nicknames: Boy George
- Birthday: June 14, 1961
- Age: 57 years old
- Gender: Male
- Birthplace: Bexley, Kent, South East London, England
- Current Residence: Bexley, Kent, South East London, England
- Education: Eltham Green Secondary School
- Profession: songwriter, fashion designer, singer, DJ, and photographer.
- Nationality: British
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Buddhist
- Eye Color: Hazel Green
- Hair Color: Ginger Brown (natural hair)
- Zodiac: Gemini
- Net Worth: 35 Million USD
- Earnings: Not Available
- Height: 6 feet (183 cm)
- Weight: 80 kg (176 lbs.)
- Biceps: 14 inch (35.5 cm)
- Waist: 34 inch (86 cm)
- Shoe Size: 10 (US)
- Chest Size: 42 inch (107 cm)
Trivia/ Facts that you may not know about Boy George
- He had suffered a troubled childhood at school. George remembers a lot of canings and shouting by the teachers coz he lacked academic interest.
- All his siblings had to work with his father in his construction business but he did not join them because he felt much happier decorating and painting by himself.
- He used to have a skin allergy in school that turned his skin an angry, bright red for days even upon getting lightly scratched or tapped.
- He was a good swimmer but bad at sports.
- George has a tattoo of Marc Bolan on his left arm and David Bowie on his right arm.
- When he became a successful singer, for a long time, his parents did not ask him about his work and also did not knows why he was so famous cause they were afraid of hearing radically unpleasant. They were happy to find out that he was a part of a band..
- He is obsessed with wearing hats and owns more than 200. While he still continues to order new custom-made hats.
- His official website @ boygeorgeuk.com.