Shawntae Harris, born on April 14, 1974, also known as Da Brat, is an American rapper and actress In 1992, Brat released her debut album titled Funkdafied (1994) which sold one million copies, making her the first female solo rap act to receive a platinum certification, also the second overall female rap act (group or solo) after Salt-N-Pepa. She has received two Grammy Award nominations. Some of her successful songs/features are, “Funkdafied,” “I Think They Like Me,” and “Loverboy.”
Da Brat Family/Parents
Born in Joliet, Illinois, her father’s name is David Ray McCoy (1935–1988) who was a Chicago businessman and her mother’s name is Nadine Brewer who is a Chicago city bus driver. Her parents are not married.
Da Brat Affairs/Boyfriend/Husband
She has dated:
Allen Iverson (Rumored)
Andre 3000 (Rumored)
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Shawntae Harris
- Nickname: Brar
- Birthday: April 14, 1974
- Age: 45 years old
- Birthplace: Joliet, Illinois
- Current Residence: Coming Soon…
- Education: Kenwood Academy
- Profession: Rapper, Actress
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Black
- Religion: Coming Soon…
- Zodiac: Aries
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Boyfriend: She is probably single
- Net Worth: Under Review
- Height: Coming Soon…
- Weight: Coming Soon…
Trivia/ Facts that you may not know about Da Brat
- Brat was the first musical guest to appeared onn the popular Nickelodeon show called All That. She appeared on the show in 1994.
- Brat played basketball as well as ran track in high school.
- In 1992, she won the grand prize in a local rap contest which was sponsored by Yo! MTV Raps.
- She is working for the Rickey Smiley Morning show as a co-host from July 2015 till present.
- Since 2016, she has appeared on the reality TV series called The Rap Game, as a mentor to young talent.
- In 2017, she appeared in the reality TV series called Growing up Hip Hop: Atlanta which follows around children of Atlanta legends and Atlanta legends.
- In 2001, she was pleaded guilty to misdemeanor reckless conduct after brat had battered a woman with a rum bottle during a dispute over VIP seating in a nightclub in 2000. The victim received six stitches for a head wound. As the result, Brat had to serve a year’s probation, a thousand dollar fine and performed 80 hours of community service.
- On October 31, 2007, Brat attacked a hostess in a Halloween party by striking her in the face with a rum bottle. She was sentenced to 3 years in prison, 200 hours of community service, seven years of probation and has since switched over to tequila.
- On February 28, 2011, she was released from prison, completing her sentence.
- For more information about Joe, contact him on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.