Damon Albarn (born on 23rd March 1968) is a popular English musician, singer, songwriter, composer who is best known for being the lyricist and lead singer of the rock band blur. He is also the co-founder, instrumentalist, lead vocalist as well as songwriter of the virtual band named Gorillaz. His music is related to several genres like hip hop, alternative rock, electronica, reggae, etc. The rock band blur was formed when he met guitarist Graham Coxon releasing their first debut album leisure in the year 1991. He became highly influenced by the British Bands from the 1960s after his tours to the U.S.
Damon Albarn Family/Parents
James Patterson was born on 23rd March 1968 in Whitechapel, London, England. He is the son of artist Keith Albarn and his wife Hazel. His sister’s name is Jessica who also became an artist. Both of them were raised in the Quaker religion and their upbringing was liberal. Damon had an interest in music since his childhood. He started to play musical instruments like piano, guitar, violin at an early age.
Damon Albarn Affairs/Spouse
He had a long-standing relationship with Justine Frischmann during the 1990s but the relationship broke up in 1998. He got married to Suzi Winstanley and gave birth to a daughter, Missy. She was named so after hip-hop artist Missy Elliot.
- Full Name: Damon Albarn
- Nickname: Damon
- Birthday: 23rd March 1968
- Birthplace: Whitechapel, London, England
- Current Residence: Notting Hill, London
- Age: 52 years
- Education: Stanway Comprehensive School
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter, Composer, Musician
- Nationality: British
- Zodiac: Arries
- Spouse/Affairs: Suzi Winstanley
- Children: 1
- Net Worth: $50 million (approx.)
- Height: 180 cm(approx.)
- Weight: 70kg
Trivia/ Facts that you probably may not about Damon Albarn
- He started his music career after enrolling in a music course at London’s Goldsmith college in the year 1988.
- His group with Coxon, Alex James, and Dave Rowntree was renamed to “Blur” after they were signed by a music company named Food records.
- His songwriting was influenced by British bands after his tours to the U.S which resulted in albums like Modern Life is Rubbish in the year 1993, Parklife in 1994, and the Great Escape in 1995.
- Their debut album “Leisure” was on number 7 in the hitlist of UK Albums Chart.
- Their album “Park Life” was very successful which was number 1 on the British charts for two years.
- His album “Everyday Robots” was nominated as the album of the year in 2014 by Mercury Priz.
- He was nominated as “British Producer Of the year” in 2013 by Brit Awards.
- For more information about Damon, contact him on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube.
You might also like to know about actor, voice artist as well as a police officer, Erik Estrada.