Daniel William Wood born on May 14, 1969 also known as Danny Wood is an American singer, songwriter, actor and record produce. He is also a member of the American boy band named New Kids on the Block and also he has also serves as one of the key choreographers.
Danny Wood Family/Parents
Born in Dorchester, Massachusetts, United States, his father’s name is Daniel Wood Sr. who is a Carrier with the U.S. Postal Service and his mother’s name is Elizabeth A. Betty who was an administrative assistant. She died from Breast cancer in 1999. He has five sisters named Bethany Wood, Melissa Wood, Pam Wood, Rachel Wood and Brett Wood.
Danny Wood Affairs/Girlfriend/Wife
He has dated:
Halle Berry (1989)
Elise Stepherson (1990-1993). They have a son named Daniel William Wood Jr.
Patricia Alfaro (1996-2006) (divorced). They have a daughter named Vega Maxine Wood.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Daniel William Wood
- Nickname: Danny
- Birthday: May 14, 1969
- Age: 50 years old
- Birthplace: Dorchester, Massachusetts, United States
- Current Residence: Miami, Florida, United States
- Education: William Monroe Trotter School Copley High School and Boston University.
- Profession: Singer, songwriter, actor and record produce
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White (Irish ancestry from father and Portuguese descent from mother)
- Religion: Christianity
- Zodiac: Taurus
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Spouse/Wife: He is probably single now
- Net Worth: Under Review
- Height: 5 feet 7 inch or 170 cm
- Weight: 78 kg (172 lbs)
Trivia/ Facts that you may not know about Danny Wood
- Danny and bandmate Donnie Wahlberg are childhood friends.
- The 2 boys along with some other friends formed a band named the Kool Aid Bunch in high school.
- He was very athletic in school and used to play sports like basketball and soccer.
- He is a skilled dancer in breakdance, and he used to be a part of a breakdancing troupe in Boston in his youth. Danny has also helped choreograph for his band NKOTB.
- New Kids on the Block was known as ‘Nynuk’. Later they changed it to “NKOTB” which was taken from the title a rap song on their album after Columbia Records turned down the original name.
- He founded the Remember Betty Foundation after his mother passed away from breast cancer in 1999. The main motive of foundation is to offers financial support for people, and their families, affected with breast cancer.
- His sister named Bethany Wood was also diagnosed with breast cancer. Fortunately, with the advanced treatment options, Bethany was able to make a full recovery.
- While performing in Manchester during UK tour in 1990, Daniel slipped onstage on a toy car which was thrown by a fan, and hurt his ankle. He returned to America for treatment.
- He loves cooking cooking. Danny regularly shares his favorite dishes, cooked for his family, on social media.
- Almost 13 years after splitting up in 1994, Daniel and the boys reunited in 2007.
- Danny and other members from the band New Kids on the Block received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on October 9, 2014.
- Danny collaborated with country singer named Jessie Chris on the single titled Bodyguard in 2019.
- For more information about Danny, follow him on Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.