David Ortiz, born on November 18, 1975, known as”Big Papi”, is a Dominican-American former Major League Baseball designated hitter and first baseman who played twenty seasons, primarily with the Boston Red Sox. David also played for the Minnesota Twins. During his 14 seasons with the Red Sox, David was a ten-time All-Star, a seven-time Silver Slugger winner and a three-time World Series champion. David also holds the Red Sox single-season record for home runs with 54, which he set during the 2006 season.
On June 9, 2019, David was shot in the Dominican Republic, at around 8:50 p.m. local time, while at the Dial Bar and Lounge located in East Santo Domingo. Authorities stated that David was “ambushed by a man who got off a motorcycle” & shot him in the back. According to David’s spokesperson, David underwent a six-hour operation performed by 3 local physicians at the Abel Gonzalez Clinic. During the surgery, a portion of his intestines & colon, and his gallbladder, were removed; liver damage was also reported. Jhoel López, a Dominican TV host who was with David, was also wounded in the leg during the shooting. On June 10, a medical flight sent by the Red Sox brought David to Boston, so he could receive further treatment at Massachusetts General Hospital. He underwent a second surgery shortly after arriving at MGH.
David Ortiz Family/Parents
Born in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, his father’s name is Enrique (Leo) Ortiz and her mother’s name is Ángela Rosa Arias. He has three younger siblings.
David Ortiz Affairs/Girlfriend/Spouse/Wife
His wife name is Tiffany Ortiz. They have two daughters named Jessica Ortiz and Alexandra Ortiz and a son named D’Angelo Ortiz.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: David Américo Ortiz Arias
- Nickname: David
- Birthday: November 18, 1975
- Age: 43 years old
- Gender: Male
- Birthplace: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- Current Residence: Coming Soon…
- Education: Estudia Espaillat High School
- Profession: Baseball Player
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Black
- Religion: Unknown
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Zodiac: Scorpio
- Wife: His wife name is Tiffany Ortiz
- Net Worth: 10 Million USD
- Height: 6 ft 3 In (191 cm)
- Weight: Coming Soon…
Trivia and Facts, you may not know about David Ortiz
- In the World Series (2013) against the St. Louis Cardinals, David was unstoppable, leading the Red Sox to their 3rd World Series title in 9 years and earning World Series MVP honors.
- David was signed with the Seattle Mariners in 1992 under the name “David Arias”, but when David was traded to the Minnesota Twins in 1996 he became known as David Ortiz.
- In 2007, David founded the David Ortiz Children’s Fund to support a range of his favorite causes & to help children, from Boston to the Dominican Republic and beyond.
- His nickname “Big Papi” originates from his habit of calling people whose names David can’t remember “Papi”. The nickname was given to him by Red Sox broadcaster named Jerry Remy.
- For more information about Logan, contact him on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.