Dirk Nowitzki born on June 19, 1978 is a German professional basketball player for the Dallas Mavericks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). An alumnus of the DJK Würzburg and Röntgen Gymnasium and basketball club, Dirk was chosen as the ninth pick in the 1998 NBA draft by Milwaukee Bucks & was traded to the Mavericks, where he has played since.
Dirk Nowitzki Family/Parents
Born in Würzburg, West Germany, her father’s name is Jörg-Werner who was a handball player and his mother’s name is Helga Nowitzki (née Bredenbröcker) who was a professional basketball player. He has an elder sister named Silke Nowitzki.
Dirk Nowitzki Affairs/Girlfriend/Spouse/Wife
He has dated:
Sybille Gerer (1992)
Jessica Olsson (2012 – Present): He is married to Swedish-Kenyan beauty named Jessica Olsson; who is the only sister to professional footballers Martin and Marcus Olsson. They got married on the 20th of July 2012 in a Kenyan traditional wedding at his house in Dallas after dating for around 2 years. THey have 3 kids together, a daughter named Malaika born in July 2013 and two sons named Max and Morris.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Dirk Werner Nowitzki
- Nickname: Dirk
- Birthday: June 19, 1978
- Age: 40 years old
- Gender: Male
- Birthplace: Würzburg, West Germany
- Current Residence: Dallas
- Education: Coming Soon…
- Profession: Professional Basketball Player
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Unknown
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Eye Color: Blue
- Zodiac: Gemini
- Spouse/Wife: Jessica Olsson
- Net Worth: 170 Million USD
- Height: 7 feet 0 inch (213 cm)
- Weight: 111 kg (245 lbs.)
Trivia and Facts, you may not know about Dirk Nowitzki
- Dirk led the German national basketball team to a bronze medal in FIBA World Championship of 2002 and silver in EuroBasket 2005, and also was the leading scorer and MVP in both tournaments.
- Dirk is the only player ever to play for a single franchise for 21 seasons.
- He is a 12-time All-NBA Team member, a 14-time All-Star, the first European player to start in an All-Star Game as well as the first European player to receive the NBA Most Valuable Player Award.
- He is the highest-scoring foreign-born player in NBA history.
- He is the first Maverick voted onto an All-NBA Team and holds multiple all-time Mavericks franchise records.
- He won the NBA Most Valuable Player Award in 2007 as well as the NBA Finals Most Valuable Player Award in 2011.
- On December 10, 2012, Dirk became the first non-American player to receive the Naismith Legacy Award.
- As of January 25, 2019, Dirk stood seventh on the list of National Basketball Association career scoring leaders.
- For more information about Dirk, contact him on Instagram and Twitter.