Gabrielle Christina Victoria Douglas, born December 31, 1995, known as Gabby Douglas is an American artistic gymnast. Gabby is the 2012 Olympic all around champion as well as the 2015 World all-around silver medalist. She was the member of the gold-winning teams 2012 and 2016 Summer Olympics, dubbed the “Final Five” and the “Fierce Five” by the media. She was the member of the gold-winning American teams at the 2011 and the 2015 World Championships.
Gabby Douglas Family/Parents
Born in Newport News, Virginia, United States, her father’s name is Timothy Douglas and her mother’s name is Natalie Hawkins-Douglas. She has three elder sisters named Joyelle Douglas, Arielle Douglas and Johnathan Douglas.
Gabby Douglas Affairs/Boyfriend/Spouse/Husband
She has not dated anybody publicly yet. She is probably single.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Gabrielle Christina Victoria Douglas
- Nickname: Gab, Gabby
- Birthday: December 31, 1995
- Age: 23 years old
- Gender: Female
- Birthplace: Newport News, Virginia, United States
- Current Residence: West Des Moines, Iowa, United States
- Education: Home schooled
- Profession: Artistic Gymnast
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Black (African-American ancestry)
- Religion: Christian
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Zodiac: Capricorn
- Boyfriend: She is probably single
- Net Worth: 2 Million USD
- Height: 5 feet 2 Inch (157.50 cm)
- Weight: 5o kg (110 lbs.)
Trivia and Facts, you may not know about Gabby Douglas
- At the age of 14, Gabby left her family and shifted to West Des Moines to train for the Olympics.
- In 2012, she was selected by the Associated Press as the Female Athlete of the Year.
- Gabby started her gymnastics training at the age of six after her elder sister convinced her mother to put her in the gymnastics class.
- By the age of 8, Gabby won the Level 4 all-around gymnastics title on Virginia State Championships at the 2004.
- During her interview with Oprah Winfrey in 2012, Gabby claimed that she had to endure racist bullying at Excalibur Gymnastics but the claims were refuted by the CEO of Excalibur Gymnastics named Gustavo Maure.
- In December 2012, Gabby released her autobiography titled Grace, Gold, and Glory: My Leap of Faith.
- In 2017, Gabby revealed that she was sexually abused by Larry Nassar in her teens, during his stint as a doctor for USA Gymnastics.
- In July 2016, Mattel, Inc. made a Gymnastics Barbie modeled of her.
- Gabby is the first athlete of African-American ancestry to win a gold medal in the individual all-around at the Olympics.
- Visit Gabby’s official website @ gabrielledouglas.com.
- For more information about, Gabby, contact her on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Google+.