Ginger Zee born on January 13, 1981 is an American TV personality, dancer, author and actress who is known as the ABC News meteorologist for the news, talk-show series called Good Morning America starting in 2011 alongside Robin Roberts, Lara Spencer, George Stephanopoulos, Michael Strahan and Amy Robach. Ginger started her TV career right after she graduated from college by working for TV and radio stations including WYIN-TV, WEYI-TV, WOOD-TV, WLAV-FM, WBMA-LD and WMAQ (NBC). On November 12, 2011, she joined ABC News TV news, talk-show called Good Morning America Weekend, and guest-starred on other ABC programs Like ABC World News Tonight with David Muir from 2012 to 2017 and ABC News Nightline from 2012 to 2014. In 2016, Ginger was also a contestant on the music, game-show Dancing with the Stars: Season 22, she was paired with professional dancer named Valentin Chmerkovskiy, and ended up in 3rd place. She is also an accomplished author. She has published books including Chasing Helicity (2018), Natural Disaster: I Cover Them, I Am One (2017) and Chasing Helicity Into the Wind (2019).
Ginger Zee Family/Parents
Born in Orange, California, United States, her father’s name is Robert O. “Bob” Zuidgeest and her mother’s name is Dawn Zuidgeest-Craft (née Hemleb). He has two brothers named Walter and Sean.
Ginger Zee Affairs/Boyfriend/Husband
She is married to actor and TV personality Ben Aaron. They have two sons named Adrian Benjamin Colonomos and Miles Macklin Colonomos.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Ginger Renee Zuidgees
- Nickname: Ginger
- Birthday: January 13, 1981
- Age: 38 years old
- Birthplace: Orange, California, United States
- Current Residence: New York City, New York, United States
- Education: Rockford High School and Valparaiso University
- Profession: TV personality, dancer, author and actress
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White (Dutch, English and German descent.)
- Religion: Unknown
- Zodiac: Capricorn
- Hair Color: Light Brown
- Eye Color: Blue
- Boyfriend: She is married to actor and TV personality Ben Aaron
- Net Worth: 5 Million USD
- Height: 5 feet 6.5 inch or 169 cm
- Weight: 61 kg (134.5 lbs.)
Trivia/ Facts that you may not know about Ginger Zee
- Her paternal grandparents immigrated from Netherlands to the United States/
- Her name, “Ginger” was given to her by her father named Robert “Bob” Zuidgeest. Her father learned English by watching the TV series Gilligan’s Island and named her after the character of Ginger Grant which was played by Tina Louise.
- She wanted to be a meteorologist after Ginger saw a waterspout on Lake Michigan at the age of eight, and thought it was the coolest thing she ever saw.
- She has a black Labrador, Otis.
- At the age of 21, Ginger was diagnosed with depression. She used to take every pill she could find in her medicine cabinet, which worried her roommate who took her to the doctor.
- Ginger was awarded a Certified Broadcast Meteorologist title by the American Meteorological Society.
- In July 2019, Ginger revealed that an abusive relationship with her ex-boyfriend helped her. According to her, it was good preparation for the terrorist interrogation training Ginger had to undergo at ABC News.
- For more information about Ginger, contact her on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.