Claire Elise Boucher born on March 17, 1988 also known as Grimes, is a Canadian singer, musician and record producer. Her music incorporates elements of varied styles and genres including R&B, dream pop, hip hop and electronic music. She rose to prominence after releasing her third studio album Visions (2012). Her singles “Oblivion” and “Genesis” and the album received the Juno Award for Electronic Album of the Year.
Born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, her mother’s name is Sandy Garossino who is the editor-in-Chief and crown prosecutor of the Vancouver Observer, an online publication and her father is an executive at a biotechnology company. She has a step brother named Jay Worthy.
She is dating Elon Musk. They have a son named X Æ A-12.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Claire Elise Boucher
- Nickname: Grimes
- Birthday: March 17, 1988
- Age: 32 Years Old
- Gender: Female
- Birthplace: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Current Residence: Coming Soon…
- Education: Lord Byng Secondary School, McGill University
- Profession: Singer, songwriter, music video director, record producer
- Nationality: Canadian
- Ethnicity/Race: White (Ukrainian, Italian, Russian and Quebecois ancestry.)
- Religion: Unknown
- Hair Color: Brown (Natural)
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Zodiac: Pisces
- Boyfriend: She is dating Elon Musk.
- Net Worth: 2 Million USD
- Height: 5 feet 5 inch or 165 cm
- Weight: 50 kg or (110 lbs)
Trivia and Facts, you may not know about Grimes
- She attended ballet classes for 11 years.
- At the age of 18, Claire shifted to Montreal, Quebec.
- In 2007, she started her music career while still in college.
- In 2010, Claire released a new album titled Halfaxa.
- Her stage name came from MySpace where most of her tracks were listed in the Grime genre various times.
- In January 2012, she signed a deal with the 4AD label.
- On January 31, 2012, Claire released her third album titled Visions.
- Claire got with the Roc Nation label on December 17, 2013.
- She usually create the art for her albums. Her arts has been influenced by Japanese manga and anime artists like Charles Burns and Daniel Clowes.
- In 2014, she admitted to using alcohol and drugs which resulted in her losing a lot of friends.
- For more information about Claire, contact her on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and YouTube VEVO.