James Patterson(born on 22nd March 1947) is a popular writer and philanthropist from America. He is a renowned author in psychological, mystery, and thriller genres. His books about fictional psychologist Alex Cross, detective Michael Benett are very popular. His other best-selling books include Women’s Murder Club, Daniel X, Witch and Wizard Maximum Ride, and more. He has also written non-fictional and romance novels. He has sold millions of copies of his books and was the first person who sold 1 million copies of ebooks.
James Patterson Family/Parents
James Patterson was born on 22nd March 1947 in Newburgh, New York. He was the son of Isabelle(Morris), a tutor and a homemaker, and Charles Patterson who was an insurance broker. His family was of Irish descent. He completed his Bachelor’s Degree in English from Manhattan College and Master’s Degree in English from Vanderbilt University. It is due to his academic degree it can be said he became a successful writer.
James Patterson Affairs/Spouse
Patterson is married to Susan(sue) and they have a son named Jack Patterson. They currently live in Palm Beach Florida.
- Full Name: James Brendan Patterson
- Nickname: James Patterson
- Birthday: 22nd March 1947
- Birthplace: Newburgh, New York
- Current Residence: Palm Beach, Florida
- Age: 73 years
- Education: Manhattan College (B.A), Vanderbilt University (M.A)
- Profession: Author, Novelist
- Nationality: American
- Zodiac: NA
- Spouse/Affairs: Susan Patterson
- Children: 1
- Net Worth: $950 million (approx.)
- Height: 176 cm(approx.)
- Weight: 90kg
Trivia/ Facts that you probably may not about James Patterson
- James Patterson writes novels on fiction, thriller, mystery, non-fiction, romance genres.
- More than 300 million copies of his books have been sold so far.
- He was at the top on Forbe’s List of highest-paid authors for 3 consecutive years with a net income of $95 million.
- He is also the Vice-Chairman of WXEL-TV Public TV station located in Florida.
- He started working as a full-time author since the year 1985.
- He was given the Literarian Award by the National Book Foundation in the year 2015 where he was cited as the passionate campaigner who makes books and reading a national priority.
- His fictional character Alex Cross in Novel Series ” Along Came a Spider” was a New York Times bestseller of the year 1993.
- He is also the winner of the Edgar Award, the BCA Mystery Guild’s Thriller of the Year, Children’s Choice Book Award as the author of the year, International Thriller of the year award, etc.
- He was also featured in The Simpsons Show in the episode “Yokels Chord” on the Fox Tv Show.
- For more information about James, contact him on Twitter and Instagram.
You might also like to know about Blogger, YouTuber and social media influencer, Yammy.