Joel Edgerton born on 23 June 1974 is an Australian actor and filmmaker. Joel has appeared in the films Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002), Zero Dark Thirty (2012), Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith (2005), Warrior (2011), The Great Gatsby (2013), It Comes at Night (2017), Black Mass (2015), Loving (2016) and Red Sparrow (2018). In Australia, Joel played the role of Will McGill in the drama series The Secret Life of Us (2001–02), for which Joel won the AACTA Award for Best Lead Actor in a Television Drama. Edgerton has also appeared in several Australian films including Animal Kingdom (2010) for which he won the AACTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role, Wish You Were Here (2012), The Square (2008) and Felony (2013).
Joel Edgerton Family/Parents
Born in Blacktown, New South Wales, Australia, his father’s name is Michael who is a solicitor and property developer and his mother’s name is Marianne Margarethe (van Dort) Edgerton. He has a brother named Nash who is a filmmaker and stuntman.
Joel Edgerton Affairs/Girlfriend/Wife
He is dating Alexis Blake.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Joel Edgerton
- Nickname: Joel
- Birthday: 23 June 1974
- Age: 45 years
- Birthplace: Blacktown, New South Wales, Australia
- Current Residence: Coming Soon…
- Education: The Hills Grammar School, University of Western Sydney,
- Profession: Actor, filmmaker
- Nationality: Australian
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Coming Soon…
- Zodiac: Cancer
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Grey
- Girlfriend: Alexis Blake
- Net Worth: Under Review
- Height: 5 feet 11 inch or 180 cm
- Weight: 80 kg
Trivia/ Facts that you may not know about Joel Edgerton
- In 2015, Joel received a nomination for the Directors Guild of America Award for Outstanding Directing – First-Time Feature Film for The Gift, a film Edgerton wrote, co-produced, directed, and in which he co-starred.
- Edgerton nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor for his performance as Richard Loving in the 2016 drama Loving.
- In 2018, Joel directed, wrote and starred in the drama Boy Erased which is about gay conversion therapy.
- Joel has been an ambassador for The Fred Hollows Foundation for a several years which works to restore people’s sight in poor countries as well as to improve the health of Aboriginal Australians.
- In 2012, Joel visited Nepal, where he saw sight restored first hand.
- For more information about Joel, contact him on Instagram and Twitter.