John McEnroe was born on February 16, 1959 with the full name, John Patrick McEnroe, Jr. in Wiesbaden, West Germany (which is know a part of Germany). He is a legendary figure in the sport of tennis. Currently, he is a retired tennis player, and is considered as one of the greatest of all time in tennis. John was fmous for his volleying and shot-making artistry. He has attained #1 ranking in both singles and doubles games and ended up his tennis career with 77 singles titles and 78 doubles titles. His legendary title wins is still the highest in men’s combined total of the present era.
John McEnroe Family/Parents
John McEnroe was born in Wiesbaden, West Germany as a child of John Patrick McEnroe, Sr. and Kay, née Tresham who are his father and mother, respectively. John McEnroe, Sr. was the son of Irish immigrants and used to be a part of the US Air Force during his career. John’s grandfather was a resident of Ballyjamesduff, County Cavan, whereas his maternal grandmother was from County Westmeath. Later, in 1960, his parents moved to New York City where John McEnroe, Sr. worked as an advertising agent in the day and attended Fordham Law School at night.
John has two small brothers; Mark McEnroe and Patrick McEnroe who were born in 1964 and 1966, respectively and grew up with John in Douglaston, Queens, New York City.
John McEnroe Affairs/Girlfriend/Spouse/Wife
John married Tatum O’Neal in 1986 and later divorced in 1994. Tatum was the daughter of actor Ryan O’Neal and along with John, she had three children; Kevin, Sean and Emily McEnroe.
3 years after the divorce with Tatum, John got married with Patty Smith, who is a rock singer and has two children with her; Anna McEnroe and Ava McEnroe. John and Patty live in a duplex located at the Upper West Side, Manhattan.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: John McEnroe
- Full Name: John Patrick McEnroe, Jr.
- Nickname: McBrat, SuperBrat, Johnny, Johnny Mac
- Birthday: February 16, 1959
- Age: 60 years old
- Gender: Male
- Birthplace: Wiesbaden, West Germany (now Germany)
- Current Residence: New York City, New York, United States
- High School: Trinity School and Buckley Country Day School
- College: Stanford University and Ivy Preparatory School League
- Profession: Tennis Player
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: American (with German descent)
- Religion: Catholic
- Zodiac: Aquarius
- Wife/Girlfriend: Tatum O’Neal (married in 1986 and divorced in 1994) and Patty Smith (married in 1997)
- Children: Kevin McEnroe, Sean McEnroe and Emily McEnroe (with Tatum) and Anna McEnroe and Ava McEnroe (with Patty)
- Net Worth: $60,000,000
- Height: 5 ft. 11 inch (1.80 meters)
- Weight: 75 kilograms (165.347 lb)
Trivia and Facts, you may not know about John McEnroe
- John has the most number of combined men’s title wins in the history of tennis in the Open Era.
- He has won the Grand Slam singles titles 7 times; 3 at Wimbledon and 4 at US Open.
- John has also won Grand Slam doubles titles 9 times.
- In 1984, he had the singles match record of 82-3, which is still the best single season win rate in the present Open Era.
- He won the Davis Cup titles 5 times for the United States.
- Even after retirement, John stayed active in his tennis career competing in senior events at the ATP Champions Tour.
- John McEnroe has also been one of the television commentators for the majors.
- John was honored with the title of ATP Player of the Year in 1981, 1983 and 1984.
- He was also named as the ITF Champion in the same years as being the ATP Player of the Year in 1981, 1983 and 1984.
- John’s brother Patrick McEnroe was also a professional tennis player. You can find Patrick on Twitter.
- To know more about John McEnroe, you can contact him on Twitter.
You might also want to know about Politician, Elizabeth Warren.