Melisa Young, born on July 3, 1984, known by the name Kid Sister, is an American rapper, singer, emcee and songwriter known the single “Pro Nails” featuring Kanye West.
Kid Sister Parents/Family
Her parent’s details are not available. She has a younger brother named Josh Young
Kid Sister Affairs/Girlfriend/Spouse/Wife
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Melisa Young
- Nicknames: Kid Sister
- Birthday: July 03, 1980
- Age: 37 years old
- Gender: Female
- Birthplace: Markham, Chicago Suburb, Illinois, USA
- Current Residence: L.A., California, USA
- Education: Colombia College
- Profession: Rapper, singer, emcee and songwriter
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Multiracial (Her father is African-Native American ancestry and mother has European ancestry.)
- Religion: Unknown
- Boyfriend: N/A
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Black
- Zodiac: Cancer
- Net Worth: 750 Thousand USD
- Earnings: Not Available
- Height: 5 feet 6 inch (168 cm)
- Weight: 60 kg (132 lbs.)
— KID SISTER (@KIDSISTER) September 12, 2014
Trivia/ Facts that you may not know about Kid Sister
- Kid only used to listen classical music until she was 10.
- Her stage name, was suggested by her brother who came up with the idea while creating a remix of the Kid Sister Doll advertisement.
- She suffered a nerve injury in 2013 which caused part of the muscles in right hand to atrophy.
- Melisa Young used to in retail jobs in stores like Gap, Victoria’s Secret, Borders, Bath & Body Works, Little, children’s clothing store.
- After graduating, Melisa was working 3 jobs at the same time but still struggled to pay her bills.
- In the music industry, Melisa first started working as an Emcee for Flosstradamus (DJ duo) parties.
- She decided to start rapping after seeing lot of other females going for it in Chicago
- In 2014, Melisa made a comeback with another mixtape, “DUSK2DAWN”that re-introduced a new style of Melisa. After going through many setbacks in life Melisa said that she did not ‘feel’ like Kid Sister so created another named Jane Jupiter.
- She described the character of “Jane Jupiter”, an exalted form of SELF, the only reliable savior Melisa had in times of adversity.