LaMelo LaFrance Ball born on August 22, 2001 is an American professional basketball player who used to play for the Los Angeles Ballers of the Junior Basketball Association (JBA). A 17-year-old point guard, LaMelo verbally committed to play college basketball for the UCLA Bruins at the age of 13 but later dropped his college planning to pursue a professional career with Lithuanian club BC Prienai. LeMelo played for Chino Hills High School in Chino Hills, California, gaining national exposure in 2015–2016 while playing with his brothers: Lonzo who is a guard for the Los Angeles Lakers and LiAngelo his teammate on the Los Angeles Ballers. In his first season at Chino Hills, LaMelo won a state championship and was recognized as one of the best freshmen in the country
LaMelo Ball Family/Parents
Born in Chino Hills, California, United States, his father’s name is LaVar Ball who is a businessman and media personality and his mother’s name is Tina Ball who is a former college basketball player. He has two elder brothers named Lonzo Ball and LiAngelo Ball. Both of his brothers are professional basketball players.
LaMelo Ball Affairs/Girlfriend/Spouse/Wife
He has dated:
Ashley Alvano (2017-2018)
View this post on Instagram
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: LaMelo LaFrance Ball
- Nickname: LaMelo
- Birthday: August 22, 2001
- Age: 17 years old
- Gender: Male
- Birthplace: Chino Hills, California, United States
- Current Residence: Coming Soon…
- Education: Chino Hills High School
- Profession: Professional Basketball Player
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Multiracial (African American ancestry from father and Czech roots from mother)
- Religion: Unknown
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Zodiac: Leo
- Girlfriend: He is probably single
- Net Worth: 1 Million USD
- Height: 6 feet 6 inch (198 cm)
- Weight: 76 kg (167.5 lbs)
View this post on Instagram
Trivia and Facts, you may not know about LaMelo Ball
- While growing up, LaMelo played for a few teams that were coached by his father which included Big Ballers VXT of the Amateur Athletic Union(AAU). He continued to play for Ballers while studying in high school.
- When he was 13 years old, LaMelo reached a verbal agreement to join UCLA for college basketball but he wouldn’t get a chance to do it as his father got his professional career off to the start even before he graduated from high school.
- Before he reached an agreement with UCLA, LaMelo was heavily courted by Washington State and Virginia.
- In 2016, LaMelo was named along with his teammate Onyeka Okongwu as the Co-Freshman of the Year by MaxPreps.com. He average 3.8 assists and 16.4 points in his freshman year.
- In December 2016, LaMelo received widespread media coverage after he scored with a half-court shot only a few seconds into a game. He also drew praise from his role model Stephen Curry for his marvelous shot.
- In May 2014, LaMelo signed up with the Los Angeles Ballers of the Junior Basketball Association.
- He has launched his collection of clothing under his father’s fashion label named Big Baller Brand. Later, LaMelo launched his MB1 shoes in collaboration with the label.
- With the launch of his shoe, LaMelo became the first high school student to have his signature shoe on the market.
- On the eve of his 16th birthday, LaMole received a Lamborghini Gallardo as a gift from his father.
- For more information about LaMelo, contact him on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.