Niatia Jessica Kirkland born on October 04, 1989 also known as Lil Mama is an American rapper, singer, television personality, model, songwriter, dancer and motivational speaker. She is known for singles such as Shawty Get Loose, What It Is (Strike a Pose), Lip Gloss and G-Slide (Tour Bus) from her studio album called VYP (Voice of the Young People), which was released on April 28, 2008.
Lil Mama Family/Parents
Born in Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States, her father’s name is Allen Brunner who is a DJ and musician and her mother’s name is Tara Kirkland who was a singer. Her mother passed away on 2007.
Lil Mama Affairs/Boyfriend/Husband
She has dated:
Soulja Boy (2007-2008)
Big Sean (2015-2016)
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Niatia Jessica Kirkland
- Nickname: Lil Mama
- Birthday: January 9, 2001
- Age: 18 years old
- Birthplace: Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
- Current Residence: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Education: Edward R. Murrow High School
- Profession: Rapper, singer, television personality, model, songwriter, dancer and motivational speaker
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Black (African-American)
- Religion: Unknown
- Zodiac: Libra
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Light Green
- Boyfriend: She is probably single.
- Net Worth: Under Review
- Height: 5 feet 1.5 cm (156 cm)
- Weight: 48 kg (106 lbs.)
Trivia/ Facts that you may not know about Lil Mama
- Mama stayed in homeless shelters alongside her mom and siblings from kindergarten to the 8th grade, when the family managed to get an apartment in the Bronx.
- Her mother passed away on December 15, 2007. The single Shawty Get Loose was dedicated to her memory.
- To overcome the grief and to express her feelings and thoughts, she started writing music and poetry, got trained at dance schools, specializing in jazz, tap,ballet, hip hop, South-African dance and street dancing.
- The re-release of her single titled L.I.F.E. introduced her fans to a harsher reality that Mama faced around her – teen pregnancy, domestic violence, child abandonment, drug addiction, and others.
- She was featured on a song by Lil Wayne titled A Milli in 2008 and released two singles titled On & On & On and NYNYLALA (2011) with Snoop Dogg.
- Her song titled Sausage was released online by WordStarHipHop in May 2015 which went viral immediately. It topped the Billboard Music + Twitter chart.
- On August 28, 2017, she starred in a TV movie called When Love Kills: The Falicia Blakely Story, which was based on a true story.
- She worked with Janet Jackson, Queen Latifah, Mary J. Blige and other famous female music performers when she presented the event BET Special Black Girls Rock! in 2018.
- For more information, contact her on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, iTunes, Spotify, SoundCloud, and Discogs.