Lisa Loeb, born March 11, 1968 is an American singer-songwriter, touring artist, producer, author actress and philanthropist who started her career with the platinum-selling number one hit song titledStay (I Missed You) from the film Reality Bites, which is the first number 1 single for an artist without a recording contract. Her studio albums include two back-to-back albums which were certified Gold; the Grammy-nominated Firecracker and these were Tails.
Lisa Loeb Family/Parents
Born in Bethesda, Maryland, United States, her father’s name is Peter Loeb who is a gastroenterologist and her mother’s name is Gail Loeb who is the former president of the Dallas County Medical Society Alliance and Foundation. She has 2 younger brothers named Benjamin Loeb and Philip Loeb and a younger sister named Debbie Loeb
Lisa Loeb Affairs/Boyfriend/Spouse/Husband
She has dated:
David Duchovny (1995)
Dweezil Zappa (1998-2004)
Chris Hardwick (2004)
She is married to singer and songwriter, Roey Hershkovitz. They have two children named Emet Kuli and Lyla Rose.
View this post on Instagram
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Lisa Anne Loeb
- Nickname: Lisa
- Birthday: March 11, 1968
- Age: 50 years old
- Gender: Female
- Birthplace: Bethesda, Maryland, United States
- Current Residence: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Education: Brown University
- Profession: Singer-songwriter, touring artist, producer, author actress and philanthropist
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White (Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry)
- Religion: Unknown
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Green
- Zodiac: Pisces
- Spouse/Husband: Roey Hershkovitz
- Net Worth: 8 Million USD
- Height: 5 feet 2 inch (157.5 cm)
- Weight: 50 kg (110 lbs)
View this post on Instagram
Trivia and Facts, you may not know about Lisa Loeb
- When she was a child, Lisa first started taking piano training and later switches to guitar.
- She is the founder of Camp Lisa Foundation, which sends the underprivileged students to summer camps in collaboration with SCOPE (Summer Camp Opportunities Promote Education, Inc.).
- While studying in high school, Lisa used to have her own radio show on 88.5 KRSM-FM.
- In 1990, Lisa started her own band known as Nine Stories, the name was inspired by the novel written by J. D. Salinger.
- Her song, Stay (I Missed You) reached the top of the music charts and Lisa became the music artist to have a song at the top of “Hot 100” without having signed up to any record label.
- In 2003, Lisa collaborated with her friend Elizabeth Mitchell to release a children’s book and companion CD titled Catch the Moon, which was released byArtemis Records.
- She is the owner of record label, Furious Rose Productions.
- In November 2010, Lisa started her eyewear collection under the name Lisa Loeb Eyewear Collection.
- Lisa has launched a brand of coffee known as Wake Up! Brew, which is inspired by her single titeld Everybody Wake Up. All the profits from the sales are donated to organization Camp Lisa.
- Visit Lisa’s official website @ lisaloeb.com.
- For more information about Lisa, contact her on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest.