Madeleine McCann, born on 12 May 2003 disappeared on the 3 May 2007 from her bed in a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, a resort in Portugal, sparking what one newspaper called “the most heavily reported missing-person case in modern history”. Her whereabouts remain still unknown.
Madeleine McCann Family/Parents
Born in Leicester, England, her father’s name is Gerry McCann and her mother’s name is Kate McCann. She has one sibling.
Madeleine McCann Affairs/Boyfriend/Spouse/Husband
She is still missing so her relationship details are also unknown.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Madeleine Beth McCann
- Nickname: Beth
- Birthday: 12 May 2003
- Age: 17 years old
- Gender: Female
- Birthplace: Leicester, England
- Current Residence: Coming Soon…
- Education: Unknown
- Profession: Missing Child since 2007
- Nationality: English
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Unknown
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Zodiac: Taurus
- Boyfriend: She has not dated anybody publicly yet. She is probably single.
- Net Worth: Under Review
- Height: Coming Soon…
- Weight: Coming Soon…
Trivia and Facts, you may not know about Madeleine McCann
- Her case has been considered as one of the most heavily reported missing-person cases in modern history.
- She was on holiday with her parents named Kate and Gerry McCann; her two-year-old twin siblings; as well as a group of family friends and their children. She and the twins had been left asleep at 20:30 in the ground-floor apartment, while their parents and friends dined in a restaurant 55 metres away. The parents checked on the children throughout the evening, until her mother discovered Madeleine was missing at 22:00. Over the following weeks, after misinterpreting a British DNA analysis, the Portuguese police came to believe that she had died in an accident in the apartment and that her parents had covered it up. The McCanns were given suspect status in September 2007, which was lifted when Portugal’s attorney general archived the case in July 2008 because of a lack of evidence.
- Madeleine’s parents continued the investigation using private detectives until the Scotland Yard opened its own inquiry, Operation Grange, in 2011. The senior investigating officer announced that he was treating the disappearance as “a criminal act by a stranger”, most likely a planned abduction or burglary gone wrong.
- In 2013, Scotland Yard released e-fit images of men they wanted to trace, including one of a man seen carrying a child toward the beach that night. After this, the Portuguese police reopened their inquiry. Operation Grange was scaled back in 2015, but the remaining detectives continued to pursue inquiries described in April 2017 as significant.