Mario Eduardo Testino Silva, born on 30 October 1954 is a Peruvian fashion as well as portrait photographer. His work has been featured internationally in magazines like Vogue, Vanity Fair, V Magazine and GQ. He has created images for brands like Gucci, Burberry, Michael Kors, Chanel, Carolina Herrera, Stuart Weitzman, Versace and Estée Lauder.
Mario Testino Parent/Family
Born in Lima, Peru, his father’s name is Mario Testino and mother’s name is Teresa Silva. He has five younger siblings.
Mario Testino Affairs/Girlfrirend/Spouse/Wife
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Mario Eduardo Testino Silva
- Nicknames: Mario
- Date of Birth: October 30, 1954
- Age: 63 years old
- Gender: Male
- Birthplace: Lima, Peru
- Current Residence: Unknown
- Education: University of San Diego
- Profession: Fashion and portrait photographer
- Nationality: Peruvian
- Ethnicity/Race: White (Irish and Spanish ancestry from mother and Italian descent from father)
- Religion: Unknown
- Girlfriend: N/A
- Eye Color:Green
- Hair Color:Salt and pepper
- Zodiac: Scorpio
- Net Worth: 21 Million USD
- Earnings: Not Available
- Height: 6 feet 3 inch (190 cm)
- Weight: 85 kg (187.5 lbs.)
— Mario Testino (@mariotestino) 22 November 2017
Trivia/ Facts that you may not know about Mario Testino
- In January 2018, Testino was banned by Vogue from working with them after he was slapped with sexual misconduct allegations by many male models.
- He was hired by the royal family to take pictures of engagement ceremony of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
- Mario was considered as Princess Diana’s most favorite fashion photographer.
- He has done lot of charity work with “Save the Children” organization.
- He has also done charity and social activism work for non-profit organizations like Sargent Cancer Care, amfAR, Elton John Aids Foundation and Women to Women.
- In 2012, Mario announced the establishment of his non-profit organization called MATE, which provide a platform for Peruvian artists and promote to arts.
- In January 2014, he was given an honorary OBE by the English Culture minister Ed Vaizey.
- In his early days in London, Mario funded his photography passion by working as a waiter.
- In 2011, Mario was honored with an Honorary Fellowship by The Royal Photographic Society.
- For his immense charity work, Mario was honored with The Grand Cross Order of Merit in Peru.
- Visit Mario’s official website @ mariotestino.com.