Mark Cuban born on July 31, 1958 is an American businessman and investor. Mark is the owner of the National Basketball Association’s Dallas Mavericks, chairman of AXS TV and co-owner of 2929 Entertainment. Mark is one of the main “shark” investors on the ABC reality television series titled Shark Tank. In 2011, Mark wrote an e-book titled How to Win at the Sport of Business, in which Mark chronicles his experiences in business and sports.
Mark Cuban Family/Parents
Born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, his father’s name is Norton Cuban, who was an automobile upholsterer and her mother’s name is Shirley. He has two brothers named Brian Cuban and Jeff Cuban.
Mark Cuban Affairs/Girlfriend/Spouse/Wife
He is married to Tiffany Stewart. They have three children.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Mark Cuban
- Nickname: Mark
- Birthday: July 31, 1958
- Age: 62 years old
- Gender: Male
- Birthplace: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: University of Pittsburgh Indiana University
- Profession: Businessman, Investor
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Unknown
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Black
- Zodiac: Leo
- Girlfriend: He is married to Tiffany Stewart. They have three children.
- Net Worth: 4.1 Billion
- Height: 6 Feet 2 Inch (189 cm)
- Weight: Coming Soon…
Trivia and Facts, you may not know about Mark Cuban
- After his family emigrated from Russia to Ellis Island, his paternal grandfather changed the family name from “Chabenisky” to “Cuban.”
- At age 16, Mark took advantage of a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette strike by running newspapers from Cleveland to Pittsburgh.
- While attending Indiana University mark held a variety of jobs such as a disco dancing instructor, bartender and a party promoter.
- Mark started his own company named MicroSolutions, with the help of his previous customers from Your Business Software. MicroSolutions was a system integrator and software reseller. The company was an early proponent of technologies such as CompuServe, Carbon Copy and Lotus Notes
- In 1990, Mark sold MicroSolutions to CompuServe for $6 million.
- In 1995, Chris Jaeb and Todd Wagner started Audionet with Mark, combining their interest in Indiana Hoosier college basketball and webcasting. Audionet became Broadcast.com in 1998.
- In 2003, Mark founded the Fallen Patriot Fund to help families of US military personnel killed or injured during the Iraq War.
- In June 2015 Mark made a $5 million donation to Indiana University for the “Mark Cuban Center for Sports Media and Technology.”
- In 2011, he was awarded D Magazine CEO of the Year.
- The Guinness Book of Records credits Mark with the “largest single e-commerce transaction”, after Mark paid $40 million for his Gulfstream V jet in October 1999.
- In 2018, Mark was Number 190 on Forbes‘ list of “World’s Richest People”, with a net worth of $3.9 billion.
- On January 4, 2000, Mark purchased a majority stake in the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks for $285 million from H. Ross Perot, Jr.
- In April 2019, Markrevealed he had a procedure done to treat his atrial fibrillation.
- For more information about Mark, contact him on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.