Mark Kelly, born on February 21, 1964 is a retired American astronaut, retired U.S. Navy Captain, engineer and Senate candidate from Arizona. He is the husband of former Congresswoman named Gabrielle Giffords, and is apolitical activist, an author and aerospace executive and consultant. On February 12, 2019, Mark launched his campaign for the 2020 United States Senate special election in Arizona. He is running as a Democrat & hopes to take over the Senate seat left vacant after the death of John McCain.
Mark Kelly Family/Parents
Born in Orange, New Jersey, his father’s name is Richard Kelly and his mother’s name is Patricia Kelly. Her parents are retired police officer. He has a twin brother named Scott Kelly.
Mark Kelly Affairs/Boyfriend/Spouse/Husband
He is married to Gabrielle Giffords who is the former Congresswoman. They have 2 children.
Gabby and I were all over the Colorado State Capitol yesterday.— Mark Kelly (@ShuttleCDRKelly) January 23, 2019
Preventing gun violence was the topic of every conversation. With an extreme risk protection order law coming this year, they have a big opportunity to do exactly that. pic.twitter.com/DnVafyOVKM
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Mark Edward Kelly
- Nickname: Mark
- Birthday: February 21, 1964
- Age: 54 years old
- Gender: Male
- Birthplace: Orange, New Jersey
- Current Residence: Coming Soon…
- Education: United States Merchant Marine Academy (BS), Naval Postgraduate School (MS)
- Profession: Retired astronaut, retired U.S. Navy Captain, engineer and Senate candidate from Arizona
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White (Irish decent)
- Religion: Unknown
- Hair Color: bald
- Eye Color: Blue
- Zodiac: Pisces
- Spouse/Wife: Gabrielle Giffords
- Net Worth: Under Review
- Height: Coming Soon…
- Weight: Coming Soon…
Trivia and Facts, you may not know about Mark Kelly
- In December 1987, Mark became a Naval Aviator & received initial training on the A-6E Intruder attack aircraft. He has logged over 5,000 hours in more than 50 different aircraft & has over 375 carrier landings.
- He is the recipient of the various awards: one Legion of Merit; two Distinguished Flying Crosses; two Defense Superior Service Medals; one Navy Achievement Medal; four Air Medals (two individual/two strike flight) with Combat “V”; two Navy Commendation Medals, (one with combat “V”); two Southwest Asia Service Medals; one Navy Expeditionary Medal; an Overseas Service Ribbon two Sea Service Deployment Ribbons and a NASA Distinguished Service Medal.
- On June 21, 2011, Mark announced his retirement from the U.S. Navy & NASA, effective October 1, 2011.
- In 1996, Mark and his brother Scott both were selected to be Shuttle pilots by NASA. They joined the NASA Astronaut Corps in August, 1996.
- On February 12, 2019, Mark launched his campaign for the 2020 United States Senate special election in Arizona. He is running as a Democrat & hopes to take over the Senate seat left vacant after the death of John McCain.
- For more information about Mark, contact him on Twitter.