Mena Massoud, on born September 17, 1991 is a Canadian actor who gains international fame after playing the role of Aladdin in Disney’s 2019 live action remake of Aladdin. Mena has also worked in television; he has played the role of Jared Malik in the Canadian series Open Heart, and the role of Tarek Kassar in the Amazon Prime series Jack Ryan. Mena has also appeared in films such as Ordinary Days (2017) as Ollie Santons, Let’s Rap (2015) as John and Run This Town (2019) as Kamal.
Mena Massoud Family/Parents
Born in Cairo, Egypt, his father’s details are not available and his mother’s details are also not available.
Mena Massoud Affairs/Boyfriend/Husband
At the moment Mena is focusing on his career and spending more time on developing his skills. He has not dated anybody publicly yet. He is probably single.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Mena Massoud
- Nickname: Mena
- Birthday: September 17, 1991
- Age: 29 years old
- Birthplace: Cairo, Egypt
- Current Residence: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Education: St. Brother André Catholic High School, University of Toronto (dropped out) and Ryerson Theatre School.
- Profession: Actor, Singer
- Nationality: Canadian
- Ethnicity/Race: Middle Eastern (Egyptian descent)
- Religion: Coptic Christianity
- Zodiac: Virgo
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Boyfriend: He has not dated anybody publicly yet. He is probably single
- Net Worth: Under Review
- Height: 5 feet 8 inch (173 cm)
- Weight: 73 kg (161 lbs)
Trivia/ Facts that you may not know about Mena Massoud
- When he was only 3 years old,his family emigrated from Egypt to Canada.
- Mena grew up in Markham, Ontario, as well as in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- His dad taught him never asks or expect favors from anyone and to work hard for his dreams which he calls “an immigrant mentality.”
- Growing up, Mena was pressured into being a doctor or an engineer by his family.
- He played the role of Peter Pan at his elementary school which was his first play as well.
- In school, he was known for his impressions of famous comedians such as Robin Williams and Chris Tucker.
- While attending a class at college, Mena realized that he didn’t want to do this for the rest of his life. He left the class and applied for Ryerson Theatre School.
- After he got a degree from Ryerson Theatre School, he worked in restaurants so that he can afford the visa for the U.S.
- When he first moved to Los Angeles, California, United States, Mena had to sleep in his friend closet and on a mattress.
- Mena was a voice actor for a video game Watch Dogs 2 which was released in 2016.
- It took the director of Aladdin, four months of constant looking & assessing more than 2000 auditions to discover and choose him as the perfect actor for the role of Aladdin.
- During the filming of Aladdin, the whole cast was in a Jordan desert for twelve days. He felt at home there, as he could eat falafel, baba ghanoush, fava bean, hummus and pickled vegetables, which are the part of the traditional Egyptian cuisine.
- He spent 2 days of filming diving 18 feet underwater and did parkour as well while filming Aladdin.
- He can speak fluent Arabic.
- In 2018, he started Evolving Vegan brand after he realized that global warming, pollution and human starvation can be stopped in the future.
- For more information about Mena contact him on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
You might also want to know about rapper, Lil Tecca.