Naomi Osaka, born 16 October 1997 is a Japanese professional tennis player who first came to fame at the age of sixteen when she defeated former US Open champion Samantha Stosur at 2014 Bank of the West Classic, which was also her first time in the main draw of a WTA tournament. Naomi reached her first WTA final two years later at the 2016 Toray Pan Pacific Open, which took her into the top fifty in the world rankings. In March 2018, she won the Indian Wells tournament, beating former world No. 1 Maria Sharapova in the first round. Naomi is the first Japanese player to win a Grand Slam singles tournament, defeating Serena Williams in the final of the 2018 US Open. Naomi has reached a career-high ranking of world No. 7 on September 10, 2018.
Naomi Osaka Family/Parents
Born in Chūō-ku, Osaka, Japan, her father’s name is Leonard “San” François and her mother’s name is amaki Osaka. She has an elder sister named Mari Osaka who is also a professional Tennis Player.
Naomi Osaka Affairs/Boyfriend/Spouse/Husband
She has not dated anybody publicly yet. She is probably single.
View this post on Instagram
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Naomi Osaka
- Nickname: Naomi
- Birthday: October 16, 1997
- Age: 20 years old
- Gender: Female
- Birthplace: Chūō-ku, Osaka, Japan
- Current Residence: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
- Education: Broward Virtual High School
- Profession: Professional Tennis Player
- Nationality: Japanese
- Ethnicity/Race: Multiracial ( Haitian ancestry from father and Japanese descent from mother)
- Religion: Unknown
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Zodiac: Libra
- Boyfriend: She is probably single
- Net Worth: 4 Million USD
- Height: 5 feet 11 inch (180 cm)
- Weight: 69 kg (152 lbs)
Trivia and Facts, you may not know about Naomi Osaka
- When Naomi was 3 years old, her family moved to the United States and settle down in Florida.
- Naomi took her early tennis training at Harold Solomon Institute(Florida Tennis SBT Academy) as well as in ProWorld Tennis Academy.
- As she has dual, Japanese and American, citizenship, Naomi was courted by both Japan Tennis Association as well as American Tennis Association.
- In November 2015, Naomi won her first WTA Final.
- In January 2016, Naomi made her Grand Slam debut at the Australian Open. She reached the 3rd round of the tournament, where Naomi was defeated by former champion Victoria Azarenka in straight sets.
- In 2016, Naomi was voted as the newcomer of the year and also got honored for the same at WTA Awards.
- In 2018, she changed her coach and hired Aleksander Bajin and she started training at Evert Tennis Academyin Boca Raton, Florida. By September, Naomi was ranked number 19 after starting the year in the 68th rank.
- In March 2018, Naomi got worldwide attention when she defeated Serena Williams in the first round of the Miami Open.
- In September 2018, Naomi defeated Madison Keys in straight sets in the US Open’s semi final which helped her to achieve the first appearance in the finals of the Grand Slam event.
- With her semifinals victory in the 2018 US Open, Naomi became the first Japanese female player to reach a Grand Slam final. She also beat Serena Williams in the final of US Open in 2018 and made history by becoming the first Japanese tennis player to win a Grand Slam title. With this win, Naomi also reached the world ranking of no. 7.
- Visit Naomi’s official website @ naomiosaka.com.
- For more information about Naomi, contact her on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.