Ovie Soko, born on 7 February 1991 is a British professional basketball player for UCAM Murcia of the Liga ACB. Ovie played college basketball for the Duquesne University and the University of Alabama at Birmingha.. Ovie entered the 2014 NBA draft but he was not selected in the draft’s 2 rounds. His background is of the Urhobo people ethnic group in Nigeria. In 2019, Ovie joined the series British reality show Love Island: Season 5.
Ovie Soko Family/Parents
Born in London, England, his father’s details are not available yet and his mother’s details are also not available yet.
Ovie Soko Affairs/Girlfriend/Wife
At the moment, Ovie is focusing on his career and spending more time on developing his skills. He has not dated anybody publicly yet. He is probably single.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Ovie Soko
- Nickname: Ovie
- Birthday: 7 February 1991
- Age: 28 years old
- Birthplace: London, England
- Current Residence: Coming Soon…
- Education: Hampton RoadsAcademy, Bethel High School
- Profession: Basketball Player, TV Personality.
- Nationality: English
- Ethnicity/Race: Black
- Religion: Coming Soon…
- Zodiac: Aquarius
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Girlfriend: He has not dated anybody publicly yet. He is probably single.
- Net Worth: Under Review
- Height: 6 feet 2 inch or 201 cm
- Weight: 100 kg (220 lbs.)
Trivia/ Facts that you may not know about Ovie Soko
- In his freshman season at UAB, Ovie played in 28 games with 6 starts as a true freshman. He averaged 1.5 points & 1.9 rebounds.
- In his sophomore season, Ovie played in 30 games with 29 starts being one of most improved players of UAB, averaging 9.1 points & 5.8 rebounds per game. Ovie was ranked second on the team in rebounding, blocked shots (26) and field goal percentage (.505) and closed the year by averaging 10.9 points & 6.1 rebounds while shooting 59.0 percent from the floor (33-of-56) over the Blazers final 8 games.
- In his junior season, Ovie played in 30 games with 24 starts, averaging 8.3 points & 6.8 rebounds per game and led his team with 28 steals tied for second with 51 assists. Ovie also changed from jersey number 32 to number 0 prior to the season.
- In his senior season, Ovie was transferred to Duquesne where he started in all 30 games averaging team-high 18.4 & 8.0 rebounds per game. Ovie became the first Duquesne player since Bryant McAllister (19.7 ppg. in 2006) & the seventh player in Duquesne history to lead the Atlantic 10 in scoring (18.4 ppg.).
- Ovie was the only Atlantic 10 player ranked in the Top 10 in scoring and rebounding and the only forward ranked among the Atlantic 10’s top 12 scorers.
- He went undrafted in the 2014 NBA draft. On 2 August 2014 Ovie signed a one-year deal with Boulazac Dordogne of the LNB Pro B.
- On 24 August 2015 Ovie signed with Aries Trikala of Greece for the 2015– 2016 season. He appeared in 19 games for Aries Trikala, averaging 16.5 points, 2.6 assists, 7.9 rebounds and 1.9 steals per game.
- On 10 April, Ovie signed a one-month deal with Enel Brindisi of the Serie A.
- On 5 August 2016 Ovie joined UCAM Murcia of the Liga ACB. During the season, Ovie averaged 6.3 points and 3.2 rebounds per game.
- On 1 July 2017 Ovie renewed his contract for another season with Murcia. With Murcia, Ovie played at the Champions League where he averaged 13 points & 7.4 rebounds per game, and he was named to the Basketball Champions League Star Lineup.
- On 11 July 2018 Ovie re-signed with UCAM Murcia of the Liga ACB.
- For more information about Ovie, contact him on Instagram and Twitter.