Paula Abdul born on June 19, 1962 is an American singer, songwriter, choreographer, dancer, actress, and television personality. She started her career as a cheerleader for the Los Angeles Lakers at the age of eighteen and later became the head choreographer for the Laker Girls. After choreographing music videos for Janet Jackson, Paula became a choreographer at the height of the music video era & soon thereafter she was signed to Virgin Records. Her debut studio album titled Forever Your Girl became one of the most successful debut albums at that time, selling over 7 million copies in the United States and setting a record for the most number-one singles from an album on the Billboard Hot 100 chart: “Cold Hearted”, “Straight Up”, “Forever Your Girl” and “Opposites Attract”.
Family / Relationship
Paula Abdul Parents/ Family
Born in San Fernando, CA, her father’s name is Harry Abdul and her mother’s name is Lorraine M. Rykiss who is a concert pianist. She has a sister named Wendy.
Paula Abdul Affairs/ Boyfriend/ Spouse/ Husband
She has dated:
Emilio Estevez (divorced)
She is married to Brad Beckerman. They go married on October 24, 1996.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Paula Julie Abdul
- Nickname Paula
- Birthday: June 19, 1962
- Age: 57 years old
- Gender: Female
- Birthplace: San Fernando, CA
- Current Residence: Coming Soon…
- Education: Van Nuys High School, California State University, Northridge.
- Profession: Singer, songwriter, choreographer, dancer, actress, and television personality.
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Unknown
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Zodiac: Aries
- Husband/Spouse: She is married to Brad Beckerman
- Net Worth: Under Review
- Height: 5 Feet 0 inch (152 cm)
- Weight: Coming Soon…
Trivia and facts you may not know about Paula Abdul
- In 2013, Paula won the Lifetime Achievement Award for choreography at The Carnival: Choreographer’s Ball.
- Paula was one of the judges on the television series American Idol from 2002 – 2009, and has since appeared as a judge on various shows such as Live to Dance, The X Factor and So You Think You Can Dance.
- Paula has received 5 MTV Video Music Award nominations, winning twice and she has also received the Grammy Award for Best Music Video for “Opposites Attract” in 1991.
- Paula was honored with her own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- She is the first entertainer to be honored with the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards’ Hall of Fame Award.
- For more information about Paula, contact her on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook.
You might also like to know about singer, songwriter, DJ, rapper and record producer, Craig David.