Robert F. Smith was born on December 1, 1962 in Denver, Colorado in the United States. He is an African-American man involved in investment, business and philanthropy. In 2018, he was ranked as the 480th richest man in the world by Forbes as he had a net worth of over $4,400,000,000 USD. Forbes also acknowledged him as one of the greatest living minds in the business industry in 2017. He paid of the student debt at Morehouse class of 2019.
Robert F. Smith Family/Parents
Robert is a fourth generation Coloradoan and was born to Dr. William Robert Smith, who is his father and Dr. Sylvia Myma Smith, who is his mother. His parents were school teachers and had passed the doctorate degree in Philosophy. Robert grew up in African-American family with middle-class neighborhood in Denver, Colorado.
Robert F. Smith attended the Carson Elementary School in Denver and later applied for an internship at Bell Labs during his high school. However, he couldn’t get the internship, but he claimed the position later on after a MIT student wasn’t able to show up at the place. During his time at Bell Labs, he built a reliability test for semiconductors.
Robert F. Smith Affairs/Girlfriend/Spouse/Wife
Robert married Cornell alum Suzanne McFayden Smith in 1988 and later separated in 2010 after 22 years of living together. He divorced with Suzanne 4 years later in 2014 and married a former Playboy playmate, Hope Dworaczyk who was also a healthy living advocate and fashion editor in 2015.
Robert F. Smith has three children with Suzanne and two children with Hope. He has three homes; one in Austin, Texas, another in Malibu, California which is worth $19,500,000 and the next one in New York City which is worth $59,000,000.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Robert F. Smith
- Full Name: Robert Frederick Smith
- Nickname: Robert Smith, Robert F. Smith
- Birthday: December 1, 1962
- Age: 56 years old
- Gender: Male
- Birthplace: Denver, Colorado, United States
- Current Residence: Austin, Texas, United States
- High School: Carson Elementary School, Denver, Colorado
- College: Cornell University and Columbia Business School
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering (Cornell University) and MBA (Columbia Business School)
- Profession: Investor, Businessman, Philanthropist
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: African-American
- Religion: Not known
- Zodiac: Sagittarius
- Wife/Girlfriend: Cornell alum Suzanne McFayden Smith (married in 1988, separated in 2010 and divorced in 2014) and Hope Dworaczyk (married in 2015)
- Children: 3 children with Suzanne and 2 children with Hope
- Net Worth: $5,500,000,000
- Height: Not known
- Weight: Not known
Trivia and Facts, you may not know about Robert F. Smith
- Robert is the richest African-American in the recent time. He was able to achieve the milestone by surpassing Oprah Winfrey.
- Robert established Vista Equity Partners in 2000, which is a private equity and venture capital helping him generate most of his income.
- He is a part of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity.
- Smith has the Bachelor’s degree of Science degree in Chemical Engineering.
- He also possesses an MBA from Columbia Business School.
- His parents were PhD graduates.
- Robert has advised on more than 50,000,000,000 dollars in merging and acquisition activities with Apple, Microsoft, Yahoo, eBay and Texas Instruments.
- He is the first man in Goldman Sachs’ office in San Francisco to focus on technology mergers and acquisitions completely.
- Robert was awarded with the title of “Game Changer of the Year” in 2016 by Private Equity International.
- To know more information about Robert F. Smith, you can contact him on Twitter.
You might also want to know about Politician, Tom Butler.