Sam Champion, born on August 13, 1961 is an American weather anchor who is known for his combined 25-year career on the ABC station Good Morning America and WABC-TV. Sam formerly co-anchored 23.5 Degrees With Sam Champion and AMHQ: America’s Morning Headquarters. After 4th December, 2013, his final day with ABC, Sam became the managing editor of The Weather Channel on January 1, 2014. Sam also appeared on the NBC’s Today show. In 2016, he left NBC and the Weather Channel and returned to ABC on a fill-in basis.
Sam Champion Family/Parents
Born in Paducah, Kentucky, his father’s name is James H. Champion who was a lieutenant colonel in the US Marine Corps who served in Vietnam who died in 2010 and his mother’s name is Sylvia Champion. He has a sister named Teresa.
Sam Champion Affairs/Girlfriend/Wife
He is married to Brazilian Visual Artist Rubem Robierb.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Samuel James Champion
- Nickname: Sam
- Birthday: August 13, 1961
- Age: 58 years old
- Birthplace: Paducah, Kentucky, United States
- Current Residence: New York City, New York, United States
- Education: Fairfax High School and Eastern Kentucky University
- Profession: TV Host, Weather Anchor
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Coming Soon…
- Zodiac: Leo
- Hair Color: Light Brown
- Eye Color: Blue
- Girlfriend: He is married to Brazilian Visual Artist Rubem Robierb
- Net Worth: 10 Million USD
- Height: 5 feet 10 inch or 178 cm
- Weight: 75 kg (165.5 lbs.)
Trivia/ Facts that you may not know about Sam Champion
- Sam along with Frank DeCaro, hosted the 2002 Courage Awards organized by New York City Project.
- Sam was an intern at WKYT-TV.
- Sam removed his basal cell carcinoma on-air in May 2010 in honor of the Skin Cancer Awareness Month.
- He is openly gay.
- He usually started his 30-second weathercasts by saying: “Let’s get to the boards.”
- From 2012 and 2014, he hosted a TV show called Sea Rescue, dedicated to the rehabilitation, rescue and release of endangered or hurt animals back into the wildlife.
- Sam is active in numerous charitable organizations in the New York City area. Sam was the chairman of the 25th annual March of Dimes NYC WalkAmerica, the Grand Marshal of the Multiple Sclerosis Society Fall Bike Tour and master of ceremonies of “Stopping AIDS Together,” a part of Sunday by the Bay.
- For more information about Sam, contact him on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.