Samira Wiley, born on April 15, 1987 is an American actress, producer as well as model. She is widely known for playing Poussey Washington in the series, Orange Is the New Black and also for playing Moira in the Hulu series The Handmaid’s Tale. Wiley was nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for the latter role.
Samira Wiley Parents/Family
Born on Washington, D.C., United States, her father’s name is Dennis W. Wiley and mother name is Christine Wiley. She has a sister named Aiyana Ma’at and a brother named Joshua Wiley.
Samira Wiley Affairs/Girlfriend/Spouse/Wife
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Samira Denise Wiley
- Nicknames: Samira
- Birthday: April 15, 1987
- Age: 30 years old
- Gender: Female (Lesbian)
- Birthplace: Washington, D.C., United States
- Current Residence: Unknown
- Education: Duke Ellington School of the Arts
- Profession: Model, actress and producer
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Black
- Religion: Unknown
- Spouse: Lauren Morelli
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Black
- Zodiac: Aries
- Net Worth: 3 Million USD
- Earnings: Not Available
- Height: 5 feet 3 inch (160 cm)
- Weight: 49 kg (108 lbs.)
— Samira Wiley (@samirawiley) 10 June 2017
Trivia/ Facts that you may not know about Samira Wiley
- Wiley has done extensive activism work for (Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) GLAAD and has served as their spokesperson.
- After graduating from high school, Wiley applied to at least 5 big conservatory-style programs to study acting including New York University.
- Wiley decided to audition for Juilliard School after being encouraged by the teacher from Temple University.
- For her Juilliard callback, Wiley had to perform in front of about 26 to 30 faculty members and got selected.
- For her extensive activism work, Wiley was honored by the Human Rights Campaign with the Visibility Award (2015).