Alexander “Sasha” Hedges Steinberg born on June 25, 1987 known as Sasha Velour is an American drag queen, producer and artist. Sasha is known for winning the RuPaul’s Drag Race in 2017: Season 9.
Sasha Velour Family/Parents
Born in Canada, Berkeley, California, United States, her father’s name is Mark D. Steinberg who is a history professor at the University of Illinois, Editor, Urbana-Champaign and Author and her mother’s name is Jane T. Hedges who was a managing editor of Slavic Review, Editor. She passed away from cancer in 2015.
Sasha Velour Affairs/Boyfriend/Spouse/Husband
She is dating John “Johnny Velour” Jacob Lee since 2013.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Alexander Hedges Steinberg
- Nickname: Sasha
- Birthday: June 25, 1987
- Age: 32 years old
- Gender: Female
- Birthplace: Berkeley, California, United States
- Current Residence: Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
- Education: University Laboratory High School, Vassar College, Fulbright Scholar and Center for Cartoon Studies
- Profession: Drag Queen, Producer, Artist, TV Personality.
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White (Jewish-Russian descent on her paternal side.)
- Religion: Judaism
- Hair Color: Bald
- Eye Color: Blue
- Zodiac: Cancer
- Boyfriend: She is dating John “Johnny Velour” Jacob Lee since 2013.
- Net Worth: 3 Million USD
- Height: 5 feet 9 inch or 175 cm
- Weight: 65 kg (143.5 lbs.)
Trivia and Facts, you may not know about Sasha Velour
- Sasha was named after a Russian feminist leader, Alexandra Kollontai.
- Sasha has work as a part-time security guard at the Russian State Hermitage Museum situated in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Sasha is genderqueer and doesn’t have any preferred pronouns outside of drag. The drag persona is referred to as ‘she’ & ‘her’.
- Sasha thought that she would be an actor or director when she grows up.
- Her bald head is a tribute to her mom, who died of cancer and lost her hair during the treatment.
- Sasha has worked as a freelance illustrator & graphic designer before becoming a drag queen.
- In the summer of 2014, Sasha founded a bi-yearly publication, Velour, The Drag Magazine with Johnny and served as artistic director.
- Sasha has created a comic series called Stonewall, which covered the story of the Stonewall riots which happened in 1969 from multiple viewpoints.
- She described her eyebrows as “Kabuki meets Nosferatu.”
- Sasha tried out for the RuPaul’s Drag Race: Season 8 in 2016 but was not selected.
- As the winner of the RuPaul’s Drag Race: Season 9 in 2017, Sasha was preceded by Bob the Drag Queen and superseded by Aquaria.
- In September 2018, Sasha attended the fourth annual Diamond Ball founded by Rihanna.
- For more information about Sasha, contact her on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
You might also like to known about Actress, Maitreyi Ramakrishnan.