Selenis Leyva, born on May 26, 1972 is a Cuban-born American actress who is known for her role in the Netflix-comedy-drama series Orange Is the New Black as Gloria Mendoza.
Selenis Leyva Parents/Family
Her parent’s details is not available. She has two brothers named Arnol Leyva and Tony Leyva and three sister named Isa Leyva, Amber Leyva and Marizol Leyva.
Selenis Leyva Affairs/Boyfriend/Spouse/Husband
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Selenis Leyva
- Nicknames: Selenis
- Birthday: May 26, 1972
- Age: 45 years old
- Gender: Female
- Birthplace: Baracoa, Cuba
- Current Residence: New York City, New York, United States
- Education: Marymount Manhattan College (drop out)
- Profession: Actress
- Nationality: Cuban
- Ethnicity/Race: Multiracial (from father’s Cuban ancestry and on mother’s Dominican descent)
- Religion: Unknown
- Boyfriend: Unknown
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Zodiac: Gemini
- Net Worth: 1 Million USD
- Earnings: Not Available
- Height: 5 feet 4 inch (162.5 cm)
- Weight: 61 kg (134.5 lbs.)
— Selenis Leyva (@selenis_leyva) 2 November 2017
Trivia/ Facts that you may not know about Selenis Leyva
- She works with The Anti-Violence Project, a non-profit organization that works to end violence against LGBTQ community by education and spreading awareness.
- She is the first Hispanic Ambassador of the Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation for Cancer Research.
- Leyva has done activism work for Stonewall Community Foundation, raised funds for numerous issues of LGBTQ community.
- Just a couple of weeks before Leyva got a call for Orange Is the New Black, team she had decided to quit acting so that she can give more time to her daughter.
- Leyva first acting gig was with Puerto Rican Traveling Theater in a play, Simpson Street.