Serena Williams, born on September 26, 1981, is an American professional tennis player. The Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) ranked Serena as world No. 1 in singles on eight different occasions between 2002 and 2017. Serena reached the No. 1 ranking for the first time on July 8, 2002. On her sixth occasion, Serena held the ranking for 186 consecutive weeks, tying the record set by Steffi Graf for most consecutive weeks as No. 1 by a female tennis player. In total, Serena has been No. 1 for 319 weeks, which ranks 3rd in the “Open Era” among female players behind Martina Navratilova and Steffi Graf.
Family / Relationship
Serena Williams Parents/ Family
Born Utah, Saginaw, Michigan, U.S., her father’s name is Richard Williams who is a tennis coach and her mother’s name is Oracene Price who is also a tennis coach. She has an elder sister named Venus Williams who is also a tennis player.
View this post on Instagram
Serena Williams Affairs/ Boyfriend/ Spouse/ Husband
She has dated:
Keyshawn Johnson (2002-2003)
Brett Ratner (2004-2006)
Jackie Long (2007-2008)
Hosea Chanchez (2008)
Amar’e Stoudemire (2010)
Grigor Dimitrov (2012)
Patrick Mouratoglou (2012-2015)
Her husband name is Alexis Ohanian. They have a daughter named Alexis Olympia Ohanian, Jr.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Serena Jameka Williams
- Nickname: Momma Smash
- Birthday: September 26, 1981
- Age: 37 years old
- Gender: Female
- Birthplace: Saginaw, Michigan, U.S.
- Current Residence: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
- Education: Home Schooled
- Profession: Professional tennis player, fashion designer
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Black
- Religion: Jehovah’s Witness
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Zodiac: Libra
- Husband/Spouse: Alexis Ohanian
- Net Worth: 180 Million USD
- Height: 5 feet 9 inch (175 cm)
- Weight: 84 kg (185 cm)
View this post on Instagram
Kids humble us. The other day on a flight home Olympia had so much energy and insisted on running up and down the aisle. When I finally got her to calm down and sit still, she threw up all over me and in the aisle. #ThisMama wants to remind all mothers the importance of supporting one another through the highs, lows, laughs and tears. _ Share your own stories of motherhood with hashtag #ThisMama. I’d love to hear them!
Trivia and facts you may not know about Serena Williams
- Serena started playing tennis at the age of 3.
- When she a kid, her family moved to Compton, California. When she was just 9, her family shifted to Florida.
- She hates avocados.
- Serena was estimated to be earning around $14 million in 2007 as per Forbes.
- Serena and her sister Venus founded The Venus and Serena Williams Tennis / Tutorial Academy.
- Apart from English, Serena can also speak Italian, French and Spanish.
- Serena and her sister Venus are the owner of the American football team called Miami Dolphins. She bought the stake in August 2009 and became the first African-American woman to have a share in an NFL franchise.
- Serena has launched her own clothing line called “Aneres,” which is her name spelled backward.
- She dreams of being on Broadway because she loves to dance and sing.
- She loves to collect Olympic pin.
- Visit Serena’s official website @ serenawilliams.com.
- For more information about Serena contact her on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.