Shin Lim, born on September 25, 1991 is a Canadian-American magician known for his use of card manipulation and sleight of hand, Shin is widely known as the winner of America’s Got Talent: season 13 and America’s Got Talent: The Champions. Shin is known for elaborate close-up card magic routines, during which Shin remains silent with the tricks set to music, including his award-winning acts “52 Shades of Red” and “The Dream Act.” He is self-taught and learned most of his skills from watching YouTube. Since then, Shin has shared some of his techniques on YouTube.
Shin Lim Family/Parents
Born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, his father’s details are not available yet and her mother’s details are also not available yet. He has a brother who details are also not available yet.
Shin Lim Affairs/Girlfriend/Spouse/Wife
He is engaged to an Australian dancer, Casey Thomas. They got engaged in August 19, 2017.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Shin Lim
- Nickname: Shin
- Birthday: September 25, 1991
- Age: 27 years old
- Gender: Male
- Birthplace: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Current Residence: Boston, Massachusetts
- Education: Lee University in Tennessee
- Profession: Magician
- Nationality: Canadian-American
- Ethnicity/Race: Asian (Han Chinese)
- Religion: Coming Soon…
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Black
- Zodiac: Libra
- Girlfriend: Casey Thomas
- Net Worth: 2 Million USD
- Height: 5 feet 10 inch (178 cm)
- Weight: 75 kg (165 lbs.)
Trivia and Facts, you may not know about Shin Lim
- He wanted to be a pianist but he took up magic as his career after being diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome which is a medical condition due to compression of the median nerve as it travels through the wrist at the carpal tunnel.
- Shin was discovered in 2012 and began to tour internationally; he won the 2015 Fédération Internationale des Sociétés Magiques in Close-up Card Magic.
- He has both American and Canadian citizenship.
- In March 2016, Shin had injured 2 tendons of his left thumb and received surgery to fix these. He feared that he may lose the ability to perform, but recovered after intense therapy without losing any of the skill required to pull off his routines.
- Shin has appeared twice on Penn & Teller: Fool U, in 2015 and in 2017.
- He is the winner of America’s Got Talent: season 13.
- For more information about Shin, contact him on Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.