Sophie Marceau, born on 17 November 1966 is a French actress, screenwriter, director and author. She came to fame after her debut films La Boum (1980) and La Boum 2(1982), which got her a César Award for Most Promising Actress. She also has worked on successful films, like L’Étudiante (1988), Pacific Palisades (1990), Fanfan (1993), and Revenge of the Musketeers (1994), Braveheart (1995), Firelight (1997), and The World Is Not Enough (1999).
Sophie Marceau Parent/Family
Born in Paris, France, her father’s name is Benoît Maupu, a Truck Driver and her mother’s name is Simone Morisset. She has an elder brother named Sylvain Maupu.
Sophie Marceau Affairs/Boyfriend/Spouse/Husband
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Sophie Danièle Sylvie Maupu
- Nicknames: Flatfoosie
- Date of Birth: November 17, 1966
- Age: 51 years old
- Gender: Female
- Birthplace: Paris, France
- Current Residence: Paris, France
- Education: CoursÉcole Florent Drama School
- Profession: actress, screenwriter, director and author
- Nationality: French
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Unknown
- Boyfriend: N/A
- Eye Color:Hazel
- Hair Color:Dark Brown
- Zodiac: Scorpio
- Net Worth: 50 Million USD
- Earnings: Not Available
- Height: 5 feet 7¾ inch (172 cm)
- Weight: 57 kg (126 lbs.)
Xian Silk Road International Film Festival. pic.twitter.com/D0M3FmzAqn
— Sophie Marceau (@SophieMarceau) September 29, 2016
Trivia/ Facts that you may not know about Sophie Marceau
- When she was 9 yrs old, her parents got divorced.
- Sophie became a star at the age of fourteen.
- When she was 15, she managed to put together one million francs to buy back her contract with “GaumontFilm Company” because the studio was very controlling of her professional choices and she got scared & suffocated working for it.
- In 1995, she wrote a semi-autobiographical novel “Menteuse” which English translation, “Telling Lies”got published in 2001.
- Sophie has acted in English, Polish and Italian films.
- In 2003, Sophie was declared an Officer of the Arts and Letters by France.
- In 2015, she became one of the jurors of the prestigious Cannes Film Festival.
- Acutely conscious of her mortality, she was motivated to become a writer and director to leave behind self-created work of art in this world.
- She was adjudged the best director for her directorial debut, Speak to Me of Love(2002) at the Montreal World Film Festival.
- Being an animal lover, Sophie works with charities related to animal welfare.
- Since many years, she has sponsored the charity called “Arc en Ciel(Rainbow)”, an organization which is devoted to fulfilling the wishes of children with severe maladies or disease.