Stanley Martin Lieber known as Stan Lee, born on December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018 was an American comic book writer, producer, editor and publisher. He was the editor-in-chief of Marvel Comics and later becam its publisher and chairman, leading its expansion from a small division of a publishing house to a large multimedia corporation.
Stan Lee Family/Parents
Born in New York City, NY, his father’s name is Jack Lieber and his mother’s name is Celia Leiber. He has a brother named Larry Lieber.
Stan Lee Affairs/Girlfriend/Spouse/Wife
His wife name was Joan B. Lee who died of complications from a stroke. They have two daughter named Joan Celia Lee and Jan Lee.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Stanley Martin Lieber
- Nickname: Stan Lee
- Birthday: December 28, 1922
- Date of Death: November 12, 2018
- Age: 95 years old
- Gender: Male
- Birthplace: New York City, NY
- Current Residence: Unknown
- Education: DeWitt Clinton High School
- Profession: Comic book writer, producer, editor and publisher
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: Unknown
- Hair Color: White and Black
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Zodiac: Capricorn
- Spouse/Wife: Joan B. Lee (died in 2017)
- Net Worth: 70 Million USD
- Height: 5 feet 11 inch (180 cm)
- Weight: Unknown
Trivia and Facts, you may not know about Stan Lee
- Stan had done several part-time jobs in his youth, such as writing press releases for the National Tuberculosis Center and writing obituaries for newspapers.
- His uncle named Robbie Solomon, helped him get a job at Timely Comics as an assistant in 1939, which become Marvel Comics in 1960.
- Stan’s father was a dress cutter who could find occasional work after the Great Depression his father destroyed his career.
- Stan had made several cameo appearances in Hollywood movies based on his characters such as in 2004’s Spider-Man 2, as a bystander in the crowd attacked by Green Goblin.
- In 1994, Stan was inducted into the comic book industry’s Will Eisner Award Hall of Fame and the Jack Kirby Hall of Famein 1995.
- Stan received a National Medal of Artsin 2008.
- Stan co-created fictional characterssuch as Spider-Man, Black Panther, the Hulk, Daredevil, Doctor Strange, the X-Men Ant-Man, Thor, Iron Man and the Fantastic Four.
- Stan died at the age of 95 at Cedars-Sinai Medical Centerwhich is situated in Los Angeles, California, on November 12, 2018, after being rushed there in a medical emergency. Earlier that year, Stan revealed to the public that he had been battling pneumonia, and in February he was rushed to the hospital for worsening conditions at around the same time.