Pichai Sundararajan, born July 12, 1972, known as Sundar Pichai is an Indian American business executive. Sundar is the chief executive officer (CEO) of Google LLC. His current role as CEO was announced on August 10, 2015, as the part of restructuring process that made Alphabet Inc. into Google’s parent company, and he assumed the position on October 2, 2015
Sundar Pichai Family/Parents
Born in Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India, his father’s name is Regunatha Pichai who is an Electrical Engineer and his mother’s name is Lakshmi who is a stenographer. He has one younger brother.
Sundar Pichai Affairs/Girlfriend/Spouse/Wife
He is married to Anjali Pichai née Haryani. They have a daughter namedKiran and a son named Kavya.
View this post on Instagram
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Pichai Sundararajan
- Nickname: Sundar
- Birthday: July 12, 1972
- Age: 46 years old
- Gender: Male
- Birthplace: Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Current Residence: Los Altos Hills, Santa Clara County, Californa, United States
- Education: Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- Profession: Business Executive
- Nationality: Indian
- Ethnicity/Race: Asian (South Indian ancestry)
- Religion: Unknown
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Zodiac: Cancer
- Spouse/Wife: Anjali Pichai née Haryani
- Net Worth: 650 Million USD
- Height: 5 feet 10 inch (178 cm)
- Weight: 68 kg (150 lbs)
View this post on Instagram
Trivia and Facts, you may not know about Sundar Pichai
- His family had no television during his childhood. When he was 12, his family got a rotary telephone. They got a refrigerator after a year. The life-changing convenience of technology got him interested in this field.
- As a teenager, Sundar developed the talent of memorizing every phone number he dialed on his family rotary telephone and became a phone book for all his relatives.
- Sundar wrote his first software program to create a chess game.
- Although Sundar earned a complete scholarship to Stanford, his father had to withdraw around $1000 from his saving which was more than his annual salary for the plane tickets and other expenses to make it to USA.
- In 2002, Sundar took up a job as a management consultant in Mckinsey & Company nad in 2014 he joined Google.
- In 2006, Microsoft Company made Bing the default search engine on Internet Explorer. Sundar reached out to computer manufacturers to convince them to preinstall the Google toolbar.
- He also persuaded Google founders, Sergey Brin and Larry Page, to create their own browser which led to the Google Chrome which is now the most used Internet browser.
- In 2011, he was considered for the role of Vice President Product at Twitter and in 2014, he was rumored to becoming the Microsoft’s third CEO. But he turned down both the offers.
- He is credited for the integration of Android to Google applications when he took over Andy Rubin’s role in 2013.
- Sundar believes small companies can achieve more than large companies so he likes to form small teams assigned with specific goals to maintain good productivity in the company.
- For more information about, Sundar follow him on Instagram, Twitter and Google+.