Vera Wang born on June 27, 1949 is a American fashion designer who launched her global empire with the creation of couture gowns and bridal wear at the age of 40. She has a licensing deals with other companies and sells products like tableware, beddings, jewelry, perfumes and stationery.
Vera Wang Family/Parents
Born in New York City, New York, United States, her father’s name is Cheng Ching Wang aka Wang Chengqing who died on 2006 and her mother’s name is Florence Wu aka Wu Chifang who died in 2004. She has a younger brother named Kenneth Wang aka Ken.
Vera Wang Affairs/Boyfriend/Spouse/Husband
She has dated:
Patrick Péra (1970)
Arthur Paul Becker (1987–2012) (divorced) They have adopted to daughters named Cecilia and Josephine.
Evan Lysacek (rumored)
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Vera Ellen Wang
- Nickname: Vera
- Birthday: June 27, 1949
- Age: 70 Years Old
- Gender: Female
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States
- Current Residence: Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
- Education: Friends Seminary, Chapin schoo, Sarah Lawrence College and University of Paris
- Profession: Fashion Designer, Entrepreneur
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Asian (Chinese ancestry)
- Religion: Unknown
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Zodiac: Cancer
- Boyfriend: She is probably single now.
- Net Worth: 650 Million USD
- Height: 5 feet 3.5 inch (161 cm)
- Weight: 49 kg (108 lbs.)
Trivia and Facts, you may not know about Vera Wang
- When she was young she has taken lessons in ice skating, piano, ballet and tennis.
- She started ice-skating at the age of 6 and she started training in figure skating at the age of 8.
- In 1968, she competed in the US Figure Skating Championship and finished at 5th place When she failed to qualify for the World team and the Olympics she quit the sport at the age of 19.
- In 1970, she got her first job of a window dresser and salesperson at New York City’s Yves Saint Laurent boutique where she met Frances Patiky Stein who is the editor of Vogue magazine he was very impressed by her knowledge in fashion that he offered her a job with the magazine once she graduated.
- Her first red carpet dress was for actress Sharon Stone at the Academy Awards (1993).
- She wanted to study in fashion design school but her father wanted her to pursuit higher education like a Master’s degree in Business or Law. So, she joined Vogue as an assistant to senior fashion editors.
- In 1972, Vera was promoted to fashion editor’s position. She is the youngest fashion editor in the magazine’s history.
- In 1973, she became Senior Fashion Editor and held that position for fifteen years.
- In 1968, she was featured in Sports Illustrated in a segment, “Faces in the Crowd”, the section was dedicated to the recognition of amateur athletes.
- She worked for Ralph Lauren from 1987 to 1989 and considers him as one of her mentors.
- She likes collecting books.
- In 2001, she published a book titled on Weddings first published.
- In 2002, she started producing perfume called Vera Wang – The Fragrance Eau de Parfum. In 2003, it won the FiFi Award granted by the Fragrance Foundation which is one of the highest honors in the perfume industry.
- In 2005, she won Womenswear Designer of the Year and in 2013, she was awarded Lifetime Achievement by The Council of Fashion Designers of America.
- In 2006, she was honored with the China Fashion Award as “International Fashion Designer of the Year.”
- In February 2017, she was awarded French Knighthood. Gérard Araud who was the French ambassador to the U.S, bestowed her with the rank of Chevalier in the Ordre National de la Légion d’Honneur.
- For more information about Vera, contact her on Instagram and Twitter
You might also like to know about social media star, Jeleniewska.