Wanda Sykes (real name; Wanda Yvette Sykes) was born on March 7, 1964 in United States of America. Wanda is an actress, comedian and writer who has made several television and film appearances as an actress and a comedian. She was the winner of a Primetime Emmy Award in 1999 for her writing activities.
Wanda Sykes Family/Parents
Wanda Sykes was a child of her mother, Marion Louise and her father, Harry Ellsworth Sykes. Her mother, Marion was a banker, whereas her father, Harry used to be employed at the Pentagon as a US Army colonel. Once in 2012, her family history was researched where it was found that her ninth paternal great-grandmother Elizabeth Banks had given birth to a biracial child with her slave in 1683. This court case of 1683 is highly unique as the Ira Berline, a historian who specializes in the history of American slavery claimed that Wanda’s family history is the only case where it was possible to find out the trace of a black family from the 17th century.
Wanda Sykes Affairs/Boyfriend/Spouse/Husband
Wanda Sykes was married with Dave Hall, who was a record producer, in 1991, whom she divorced with in 1998. A decade later, Wanda married with Alex Niedbalski in a same-sex marriage in 2008 with whom she is living her life as a wife/spouse. Wanda came out as a lesbian in November, 2008. Alex is a French woman, with whom Wanda gave birth to twin children; a daughter and a son in April, 2009.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Name: Wanda Sykes
- Real Name: Wanda Y’vette Sykes
- Nickname: Sykes
- Birthday: March 7, 1964
- Age: 55 years old
- Gender: Female
- Birthplace: Portsmouth, Virginia, United States
- Current Residence: Los Angeles, California; New York City, New York; and Media, Pennsylvania, United States
- High School: Arundel High School, Gambrills, Maryland
- College: Hampton University
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Marketing (Hampton University)
- Profession: Actress, Comedian, Writer
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: African-American, and a little English descent
- Religion: Unknown
- Zodiac: Pisces
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Husband: Dave Hall (married in 1991 and divorced in 1998)
- Wife/Girlfriend: Alex Niedbalski (married in 2008)
- Children: 2 children (Lucas Claude and Olivia Lou)
- Net Worth: $6 million
- Height: 5 ft. 2 in. (1.57 meters)
- Weight: 121 lb (55 kilograms)
Trivia and Facts, you may not know about Wanda Sykes
- Wanda Sykes is a lesbian and married with Alex Niedbalski, a French woman in a same-sex marriage in 2008.
- She has a brother named Harry Sykes.
- Wanda wears shoe of size 10 according to US measurements.
- She has worked as a contracting specialist at the NSA (National Security Agency) for five years.
- Sykes was nominated for Primetime Emmys nine times, and she won the award for “Outstanding Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Special” in 1999 Primetime Emmy.
- She also won the title of Outstanding Female Stand-up Comic at the American Comedy Award in 2001.
- In 2003, Wanda won a Comedy Central Commie Award with the title of “Funniest TV Actress”.
- Wanda won the GLAAD Stephen F. Kolzak Award in 2010.
- In 2015, Sykes was honored with the Activism in the Arts at the Triumph Awards.
- She made her TV Show debut in 1997 at The Chris Rock Show.
- She has also starred in MTV: Reloaded TV Film in 2003.
- Wanda hosted 21 episodes of The Wanda Sykes Show in 2009/10.
- In 2018, she published “Roseanne” as a writer.
- She made her discography debut in 2003 as a part of “Tongue Untied” for Comedy Central Records.
- To find more information about Wanda Sykes, you can contact her on Twitter.